1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Some changes have been made, as could probably be seen. Some features may re-appear later on. 9,695 inactive users have been purged. All users who haven't logged in within 30 days were removed (not included admins and mods, which may be purged separately). Anyone deleted can re-signup but posts cannot be merged with deleted accounts, so any post data is lost. Stay tuned for updates.
    X

Suggestion Fallout 5 Setting Ideas

Discussion in 'Fallout General Discussion' started by Addison95, Aug 21, 2016.

1. THis is what I miss... Fallout 4, New Vegas and to an extent Fallout 3 all already had communities that weren't struggling that much. And I'd love to see that again... You know a matter of life and death not a matter of life and luxury...

EntirelyUnlikeTea likes this.
  2. What do you have against Barter Town? I challenge you to thunderdome! Two men enter, one man leaves!

3. LOL :D interestingly Beyond Thunderdome was my favourite Old Mad Max movie :D I have nothing against is mister MasterBlaster :D

4. Fallout 1, Fallout: Tactics, and Fallout 3 had the whole "trying to rebuild" theme. Fallout 2, Fallout: New Vegas and Fallout 4 had the "society is forming" theme.

In the rebuild group, there was no overarching group trying to unify the wasteland. In the society group there were a few: 2 had the Enclave, the NCR and Vault City; New Vegas of course had the NCR and the Legion; 4 had the Institute, the Brotherhood, and the Minutemen (Railroad was a 1-issue group, not about creating a lasting society).

So I guess they have to decide whether they want to continue the "society" or start back with "rebuild".

Quick Note: Yes Tactics had many groups trying to conquer the wastes, but they weren't trying to form a society. They basically wanted to just pillage the spoils.

5. To be fair, it's only a matter of time til some nutcase finds another storage of nukes "never launched in the war" that happens to hold hundreds of bombs inside. Feels like every game since FO3 we just find these huge landfills of nukes, raring to go. So anyone trying to restart the clock again wouldn't find it that hard.

6. Multiple factions are capable of producing ammunition. The N.C.R., the Boomers, the Raiders of the Pitt.

In some California the Fallout universe is almost exactly what you're describing, but it will be centuries before every little piece of the Thirteen Commonwealths is civilized, and by then, I bet the Fallout series would retire. I give it two or three more games until it has to go back in time or reboot if it's even still around.

7. Or maybe they don't need to reboot anything (although I wouldn't really have anything against a remake of the original two games, if done correctly). All they need to do is add some "humanity" to the mix of the last fallout and make another great war, because let's be honest humanity will never learn... War, war will never change, because we as humans never change...

8. The ending slides of Lonesome Road would disagree with you.

9. Everyone only thinks about the settings that would be the most cool to visit. No one ever thinks about the settings that make the most sense. It is always the Seattles and the Orleans. No one ever thinks about Montana, the place mentioned multiple times in NV and 3. So I guess I'll just have to lay out the reasons why Montana would be the best setting.

First is that it has been mentioned in both NV and 3. In NV it is mentioned by the Lonesome Drifter. He says he was born there and that there are still coal mines in action. In 3 it is mentioned by Owyn Lyons, who says that there is a brotherhood chapter there. "Brothers, as we take our meal this day, let us reflect upon the words of Elder Patrocolus of the Montana Bunker."

Second is that the history and culture of Montana is perfect for a Western Fallout. Montana is the Northern Texas. It is a land famous for its ranchers, outlaws, its mining, and the slaughter of natives.

Third is that the place would be a perfect change from the usual. Unlike Nevada and California it doesn't have deserts. Unlike Massachusetts and Maryland it is not radioactively green or cartoony. No, Montana is mountainous in one half and flat in the other. In the mountainous half, the western half, it is freezing because of heavy snow. In the flat half, the eastern half, it is flat with relatively no trees and a fair amount of snow. Imagine traversing the mountains during a blizzard. Imagine needing to wear heavy clothes in hardcore mode. Imagine having to fight mutated bears and cougars instead of the same goddamn reptiles.

Lastly is that it is the perfect place for a powerful faction to arise. Montana, being a state that only the inhabitants know exists, would be relatively safe from the bombs. Even though it houses one of the largest stockpiles of nuclear missiles, the Minutemen missiles. No one would waste missiles attacking the enemy missiles' nest, because the moment they fire the nest wakes. So because of this a powerful faction could arise early on. They would have some of the best land and would have some of the best resources, coal and copper being standouts.

By the way this is all with me ignoring the massive ass Yellowstone Caldera that the creators of Fallout chose to forget about. Because in a realistic world that volcano would go off after the bombs dropped.

10. I second this! I really want to see the crater in New York City...

11. I want Fallout 5 to take place in E.P.C.O.T. Florida!!!!11!

Walt Disney planned to build an experimental city of tomorrow! Sadly he died before that became a reality! So what if in the Fallout universe he didn't die, built the city, and transformed his company into one that builds prototype cities all across the nation!

WATCH THIS, YOU'LL SEE WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!

This setting is awesome! Just imagine finding Walt's frozen head ruling over post apocalyptic E.P.C.O.T.

There could be underwater vaults!

Swamp Monsters!

And an evil toxic jungle! Just like Nausicaa and the valley of the wind!

12. I think we're gonna see either Fallout 5 in Louisiana or another Fallout spin-off 'New Orleans'. I also feel like 'Fallout game of the year' or 'Fallout Special Edition' which will just be Fallout 4 with all the DLCs. I wouldn't be surprised if this was announced at E3.

-RockyMoose

13. #34 RadioactiveRed, Apr 19, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
    I really want Fallout 5 to revisit The Pitt. If you played Fallout 3 DLC you remember how the Pitt was a huge rustic decaying slaver society, but for some reason we only got to explore a tiny fraction of the place! It would be so very cool if we could come back to the smokey orange skys, smokestacks, troglodytes, and the dystopian urban jungle that is The Pitt. It would be cool if the government seen in the Pitt in FO3 was only a part of a much larger government and Ashur was like a mayor of that part of the city. It would be cool if the player was a slave who had to urban explore alleyways and tunnels to progress and rise the ranks and maybe eventually take over one/all of these small governments. Also once out of the Pitt there could be some cool rural pennsylvanian country to explore. I really liked the atmosphere of the Pitt and it would be great for Fallout 5.
    Besides there are lose ends that need to be tied up like: What happen to the baby cure? Why did the Brotherhood of Steel come through? What did they take?

Also a return of the Followers of The Apocalypse and maybe some new factions would be great to see as well. I'm honestly kinda upset with Fallout 4s Factions.

14. #35 B.O.S Knight, Apr 28, 2017 at 6:52 AM
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2017 at 7:08 AM
    I would love to revisit the Pitt but sadly it sounds unlikely. If Bethesda tried to make another fallout game in the east coast, in would New York in my opinion, possibly because its near Massachusetts which means we might learn what happened to the factions in the commonwealth after fallout 4, New York was mentioned before according to Wikipedia:

"New York City is mentioned in the Fallout Bible 0 and also in a Capitol Post article about the disbanding of the United Nations in Fallout 3. It is also mentioned in the Fallout: New Vegas add-on Dead Money, as well as Fallout 4, with the Statue of Liberty making a cameo appearance in the Atomic Command game"

It may be foreshadowing the next game as it made a cameo like the other games of the franchise, or maybe not. I am just speculating.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]