• Welcome, Guest. SugarBombed.com is shutting down indefinitely no earlier than 02/02/2019 at 10PM Eastern. No backups will be made and any data pertaining to your account will be lost for good. Contact Potato on Twitter (@sb_potato) or on Discord to ask for a time extension if necessary to complete any backups. Please notify anyone who may want to backup data prior to the website deletion.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey is reportedly 100 hours

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

CJTreader

Staff member
Premium Member
According to a Reddit user who watched a Q&A from Ubisoft Germany, Assassin's Creed Odyssey's story will be around 100 hours. If true, this could be monumental and somewhat concerning. Writing has never been Ubisoft's strongsuit, and even their 20 hour stories can be a bit of a slog. However, we need to remember that companies and their communities alike will often overinflate their numbers to make them seem impressive. I don't know too much German, but I used my limited knowledge of the language along with Google translate to piece together a very rough translation.

"But how long does it take to play through this world? That really comes down to how a person plays and which style they like. The complete story part is a good 100 hours."

This is open to interpretation, but to me, this sounds like he's referring to doing all the side quests, getting all the endings, playing through with both characters, or something similar. I could easily be wrong, but this is just what I'll assume until we get further confirmation. What are your thoughts?

https://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/99blpa

Wolfensanity

Staff member
Oof. That's a lot of game. Looking forward to it, but I hope that isn't just a ton of padding. Although considering it might've been in development longer than Origins and there being no AC in 2019, the length and scale might make sense.

Last edited:

CJTreader

Staff member
Premium Member
It could be like a Shadow of War scenario, where to get the "true" ending the player would need to grind all the side quests and repetitive activities
I didn't even consider that, but that could easily be the case considering the wording. I'm kinda conflicted about whether that would be better or worse than the core story alone being 100 hours.
Oof. That's a lot of game. Looking forward to it, but I hope that isn't just a ton of padding. Although considering it might've been in development longer than Origins and there being no AC in 2019, the length and scale might make sense.
Agreed. I had a bit of a tough time getting through The Witcher 3, and that was a 50 hour story written by some of the best writers in the industry. If they really want us to put in 100 hours just to see the credits, this game better be a masterpiece.

Last edited:

Monte

Founder/Forum Cowboy
Staff member
Site Founder
I got bored with origins after about 20 hrs and that seemed like a more interesting setting than Odyssey, so this is a hard no from me

Wolfensanity

Staff member
I got bored with origins after about 20 hrs and that seemed like a more interesting setting than Odyssey, so this is a hard no from me
Personally, I'm way more into ancient Greece than Egypt. I think I played Origins for about 70 hours, liked it quite a bit. I'll probably enjoy this new one even more. Really digging the idea of Odyssey introducing more RPG elements too.

Plus the idea of an Assassin's Creed having more dialogue choice than Fallout 4 is quite amusing to me. But I guess we'll see if that's really the case lol.

Last edited:

CJTreader

Staff member
Premium Member
Personally, I'm way more into ancient Greece than Egypt. I think I played Origins for about 70 hours, liked it quite a bit. I'll probably enjoy this new one even more. Really digging the idea of Odyssey introducing more RPG elements too.

Plus the idea of an Assassin's Creed having more dialogue choice than Fallout 4 is quite amusing to me. But I guess we'll see if that's really the case lol.
I mean, when you think about it, even AC1 had more dialogue options than Fo76 will.

Last edited:

Arch

Known Poster
OnT.

I guess I might buy this, but I dunno... I really love Black Flag, but that's about it for the AC games.

I do like that it's more ''mythos'' now than just realism... seeing how magic IS a thing in AC.

I always wished that AC4 would have a kraken that's from the Precursor race, and the Medusa Precursor was very cool to see.

Arch

Known Poster
The main story isn't a 100hrs long? Im not saying u can have no fun after a 100 hours im saying a 100 storyline is gonna be no fun.
Praise GERALDO
No... like with all expansions... 75 maybe?
But I thought you just meant story like sidequests(with a story and dialouge) too. And in that regard vanilla has probably 100 in total.

CJTreader

Staff member
Premium Member
The main story isn't a 100hrs long? Im not saying u can have no fun after a 100 hours im saying a 100 storyline is gonna be no fun.
Praise GERALDO
Yeah, The Witcher 3 was more of a leisurely 50 hours, and even that was a bit stretched if you ask me.

Obama

Known Poster
No... like with all expansions... 75 maybe?
But I thought you just meant story like sidequests(with a story and dialouge) too. And in that regard vanilla has probably 100 in total.
Side quest can exceed 100hrs + and the game can still be fun but I am talking about a main story a hundred hour main story would be such a grind

Chatroom