Battlefield 1 Discussion Thread

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR
A place for all fans of the Battlefield franchise to discuss and debate over the series. Doesn't matter if it's the original Bad Company or if it's the most recent Battlefield 1, all games are welcomed to talk about.

Eddie

The Writer
I don't have much experience with the series, but I played Battlefield Bad Company and enjoyed the hell out of the campaign, just so fun. I didn't play another Battlefield until 1, and the multiplayer is a blast

CJTreader

Staff member
Premium Member
I've been a fan of the series since Battlefield 3. Unlike a lot of people, I was absolutely stoked when I heard rumors of a Battlefield game set in WW1 as I've been asking for a WW1 game for years. I just wish the DLC came with single player content. It's sort of a bummer not to see a Russian or French campaign.

Eddie

The Writer
I've been a fan of the series since Battlefield 3. Unlike a lot of people, I was absolutely stoked when I heard rumors of a Battlefield game set in WW1 as I've been asking for a WW1 game for years. I just wish the DLC came with single player content. It's sort of a bummer not to see a Russian or French campaign.
Which ones your favorite?

CJTreader

Staff member
Premium Member
Which ones your favorite?
I would say Bf3 is probably my favorite followed closely by Bf1. Bf4 was far from a bad game, but it felt kinda same-y because it didn't make many meaningful changes that were positive IMO. It kinda felt like Bf3.5

PipBoyofSteel155

Todd Howardinator
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 has yet to be beaten for me. It was just good, clean fun. Little networking issues, lots and lots of weapons, and a pretty ok campaign

Kkgames35

Known Poster
I've only ever played a few Battlefield games, which include BF1942, BF2, BC2 and BF1. My most favorite would probably be the newest edition because of how it captures the views of the war through the eyes of regular people, it shows the true horrors of war including hand to hand combat and Mustard Gas. But the thing that grabbed my attention the most was in the intro scene whenever you died, it would pick from the list of actual soldiers who died in the war to end all wars.

What do you guys think of BF1? It was a commercial success but a lot of people I talk to still prefer BF4 including me myself. They're both good games imo but I wonder what makes people continue to be attracted to BF4 over other current generation Battlefields.

Eddie

The Writer
What do you guys think of BF1? It was a commercial success but a lot of people I talk to still prefer BF4 including me myself. They're both good games imo but I wonder what makes people continue to be attracted to BF4 over other current generation Battlefields.
It's fun, I just don't have a lot of people to play it with.

Ahab

Known Poster
Premium Member
I only ever played Battelfield 2142 but I really did enjoy it. In fact it is the only pure shooter I ever really got into. I just never felt drawn to the COD games or really any of the other shooters. Still, BF 2142 was a good time. Of course i was drinking a lot of Tequila and redbull when i played so things were always a bit hazey.

Cavemanman

The Greatest Face in Koridai
Which would you rather have?

Battlefield 1944
Battlefield Vietnam
Battlefield Bad Company 3

Honestly I'd be satisfied with either of the three

PipBoyofSteel155

Todd Howardinator
There is already a Vietnam, and I would want a 1944 personally because I love WW2 games
There was an expansion pack for BC2 called Vietnam, but no full fledged game.

And to answer the question - Bad Company 3 in a fucking heartbeat. Bring back the humor, bring back the nearly completely destructible levels, bring back actually lovable characters (BF1 did a little bit of this)

Kkgames35

Known Poster
There was an expansion pack for BC2 called Vietnam, but no full fledged game.

And to answer the question - Bad Company 3 in a fucking heartbeat. Bring back the humor, bring back the nearly completely destructible levels, bring back actually lovable characters (BF1 did a little bit of this)
Oh well that makes sense why the game wasn't a whole lot of anything. And I would love to have that in a WWII game and they could just call it 1944.

Chatroom