Battlefield V

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Wolfensanity

Staff member
I enjoyed BF1 quite a bit, played it about 3x less than BF3 and BF4, but still put over 100 hours into it. I'm not sure the WW2 setting will be different enough to bring me back in. Gotta see how they handle microtransactions too.

Monte

Founder/Forum Cowboy
Staff member
Site Founder
Not very hype for this but i’ll still probably buy for my shooter fix bc i aint buying that shitshow blops4

Why tf is there a cyborg woman in the trailer tho :srsguy:

CJTreader

Known Poster
Premium Member
It looks pretty good, so I'll probably buy it if any of my friends do. I like that they're sticking to the war stories concept as we'll probably see all the major fronts as opposed to CoD WW2. Women on the front lines though... Just a testament to Battlefield's realism. "Most immersive Battlefield ever," lol

(I suggest changing the title to something like 'Battlefield V reveal' as this now encompasses more than the short teaser)

Kraze

Staff member
Personally dont care about the woman with the claw hand, as long as the game is fun I'll enjoy it. Though the reveal trailer was still horendous compared to BF4 and BF1, felt like I was watching a 2 minute scene from a Michael Bay movie.

CJTreader

Known Poster
Premium Member
Personally dont care about the woman with the claw hand, as long as the game is fun I'll enjoy it. Though the reveal trailer was still horendous compared to BF4 and BF1, felt like I was watching a 2 minute scene from a Michael Bay movie.
I'm not really perurbed about the woman in the trailer. I believe they said she's a Norwegian resistance fighter, and I'm sure they had women fighting in the resistance (I felt the same way about that woman who was an Arabian guerrilla fighter in Bf1). I'm more annoyed by the idea of a ton of female soldiers in multiplayer across every army due to the whole customizable character shit. They seem to be going down the road of CoDWW2, which is fine, but if they do that, they need to shut the hell up about supposed immersiveness and realism. I'll still buy the game, but I can't help but be a little irked.

CJTreader

Known Poster
Premium Member
I'm kinda unsure about this now tbh. I've heard that the only two factions at launch will be the British and Germans. Even if they explore relatively ignored fronts like North Africa, Norway, and/or the Balkins, that doesn't really make up for the potential complete lack of the eastern European, Asian, and Pacific fronts/theaters. I'm thinking this might be another CoD WW2.

I'm not really perurbed about the woman in the trailer. I believe they said she's a Norwegian resistance fighter, and I'm sure they had women fighting in the resistance (I felt the same way about that woman who was an Arabian guerrilla fighter in Bf1). I'm more annoyed by the idea of a ton of female soldiers in multiplayer across every army due to the whole customizable character shit. They seem to be going down the road of CoDWW2, which is fine, but if they do that, they need to shut the hell up about supposed immersiveness and realism. I'll still buy the game, but I can't help but be a little irked.
Lmfao an arabian woman fighting is complete nonsense unless she was fighting against the Islamic Arabian government.

CJTreader

Known Poster
Premium Member
Lmfao an arabian woman fighting is complete nonsense unless she was fighting against the Islamic Arabian government.
To my knowledge, the Arabian fighers weren't really organized traditionally under a unified government. This was before the House of Saud took over and spread Wahabism.

To my knowledge, the Arabian fighers weren't really organized traditionally under a unified government. This was before the House of Saud took over and spread Wahabism.
Ill have to brush up on my Arabic history, bit i believe Arabia has been the seat of the Islamic Caliphate dating all the way back to Muhammad the Pedophile.

Monte

Founder/Forum Cowboy
Staff member
Site Founder
I'm kinda unsure about this now tbh. I've heard that the only two factions at launch will be the British and Germans. Even if they explore relatively ignored fronts like North Africa, Norway, and/or the Balkins, that doesn't really make up for the potential complete lack of the eastern European, Asian, and Pacific fronts/theaters. I'm thinking this might be another CoD WW2.
Yea but DLC is free

CJTreader

Known Poster
Premium Member
Ill have to brush up on my Arabic history, bit i believe Arabia has been the seat of the Islamic Caliphate dating all the way back to Muhammad the Pedophile.
There have been various caliphates, and many of them had their capitals in other places like Baghdad, Damascus, and Cairo. The Ottomans I believe were considered the rightful Caliphate during WW1. The Arab fighters were more rebels propped up by the Brits I'd say.

Chatroom