Chat Events

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Monte

Founder/Forum Cowboy
Staff member
Site Founder
Hello

Chat was consistently the most active facet of the original SB, and instead of taking advantage of this and promoting it, I actively tried to discourage it. That was a mistake, and this time around I want to promote chat as much as possible. This starts with myself introducing official "Chat Events". These will be weekly events designed to encourage and promote discussion in chat. Some of these will be hosted by myself, others will be hosted by mods and users. Here is a list of current events I have in mind:
  • Gaming Trivia Night: I will usually host this. Every trivia night will have a different theme, and users will be able to win prizes ranging from forum likes, badges, trophies, to steam games and more. Since I can't trust ppl not to cheat, I will only give users about 5-10 seconds to answer each question. Whoever answers first will win, and if no one answers in that time we will move on to the next question.
  • Steam Nights: Different ppl will host this. But basically we will play games on steam that either most everyone has or that are free to download.
  • Creative night: users are encouraged to share their creations, from youtube videos, roleplays, articles, fanfics, mods, etc and receive feedback on them from users and staff
  • Streams: someone on the staff will stream a game, and users can watch and maybe win prizes.
  • Nuka News Radio: online radio station, waiting for Koollan to come back

pls give me other ideas

Fallout God

Fallout God of Assassin's Effect
Hello

Chat was consistently the most active facet of the original SB, and instead of taking advantage of this and promoting it, I actively tried to discourage it. That was a mistake, and this time around I want to promote chat as much as possible. This starts with myself introducing official "Chat Events". These will be weekly events designed to encourage and promote discussion in chat. Some of these will be hosted by myself, others will be hosted by mods and users. Here is a list of current events I have in mind:
  • Gaming Trivia Night: I will usually host this. Every trivia night will have a different theme, and users will be able to win prizes ranging from forum likes, badges, trophies, to steam games and more. Since I can't trust ppl not to cheat, I will only give users about 5-10 seconds to answer each question. Whoever answers first will win, and if no one answers in that time we will move on to the next question.
  • Steam Nights: Different ppl will host this. But basically we will play games on steam that either most everyone has or that are free to download.
  • Creative night: users are encouraged to share their creations, from youtube videos, roleplays, articles, fanfics, mods, etc and receive feedback on them from users and staff
  • Streams: someone on the staff will stream a game, and users can watch and maybe win prizes.

pls give me other ideas
You are not waiting for Koollan to come back..... are you?

Ahab

Known Poster
Premium Member
Hello

pls give me other ideas

I think over all this is an interesting Idea. I myself used to be far more involved in the Chat htan the forums themselves, and I am curerntly trying to change that a bit. Is there a way to archive Chats so that Good conversations or events can be read or viewed later on? I doubt i will be online when most of the events happen but would still like to see things like the creative posts.

Monte

Founder/Forum Cowboy
Staff member
Site Founder
I think over all this is an interesting Idea. I myself used to be far more involved in the Chat htan the forums themselves, and I am curerntly trying to change that a bit. Is there a way to archive Chats so that Good conversations or events can be read or viewed later on? I doubt i will be online when most of the events happen but would still like to see things like the creative posts.
Chat is archived, so I could take screenshots and post them yeah

Chatroom