Cyberpunk 2077 Discussion Thread

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Eddie

The Writer
Cyberpunk 2077 is an upcoming role-playing video game developed by CD Projekt RED and published by CD Projekt. Here is where we will discuss everything related to Cyberpunk 2077.

CJTreader2001

Known Poster
Premium Member
I'm pretty hyped for this game. I just hope it manages to live up to expectations. When do you all think it will release? From what I remember, their timetable has it releasing by the end of 2019, but I just can't imagine it releasing so soon.

Eddie

The Writer
I'm pretty hyped for this game. I just hope it manages to live up to expectations. When do you all think it will release? From what I remember, their timetable has it releasing by the end of 2019, but I just can't imagine it releasing so soon.
I'm sure it will be really good. I think it will be better than The Witcher 3, not because it's bad, but because they are improving, and it will be a step up from the rest of the games that year.

Arch

Known Poster
Cyberpunk Info from GameSpot Stream:
  • Game is FPP RPG with TPP cutscenes
  • FP perspective made to feel more personal
  • RPG with Shooter Elements not a Shooter with RPG elements
  • Multiple different progression systems (Skills, Perks, etc.)
  • V, protagonist - urban merc/hired gun.
  • Full character creation system (Gender, Looks, Lifepath/Backstory)
  • You DO NOT pick classes in the beginning, class system is fluid based on choices
  • Dystopian Cyberpunk future shown in sunlight on purpose. Full Day/Night Cycle. Noir themes bleed through environment and aesthetic
  • Characters from Cyberpunk 2020 lore will appear
  • Netrunner, Techie and Solo are main focused classes
  • You can combine classes
  • Optional classes exist (like Rockerboy and Corporate) and you can pull perks from them to add into your own custom class classes are represented by characters throughout the game (via G4ge)
  • Story and quest system from Witcher 3 is implemented into Cyberpunk similarly.
  • Choice and consequence is HUGE. Emphasized that the game is an RPG first and foremost
  • Story is personalized by player choice.
  • Combat - Ranged combat and Melee combat. Learned lessons from Witcher 3. FPS Melee combat.
  • Weapons - 3 branches - Power Weapons (heavy hitting/stagger), Tech Weapons (penetrating through cover), Smart Weapons (tracking/following)
  • Vehicles - Motorcycles, Cars, hinted at flying cars.
  • V is a fully voiced character. Both Male and Female completely voiced.
  • V's personality is shaped by player. Backstory and interactions shape V's personality.
  • Cyberpunk is a dark dystopia in the same vein as Witcher 3 being Dark Fantasy
  • Details of the world - everything has a purpose. World design was a huge focus in setting the tone.
  • Night City - in between SF and LA (fictional city). Inspired by both cities.
  • 6 unique districts in the city. Each area has its own feel on top of the base Noir feel
  • Exploration is encouraged.
  • Witcher was horizontally huge, Cyberpunk is vertically huge.
  • You can enter buildings, Mega Buildings exist as well with multiple floors and multiple areas to explore within a single building.
  • No level scaling. 2 forms of XP - Core XP - Main Missions and Street Cred - Side missions
  • Higher Street Cred opens new exclusive vendors and fixers (new jobs)
  • Dialogue is both 3rd and 1st

JesseCox Q/A Demo

Last edited:

Arch

Known Poster
combining the eye augment with a unique weapon that can shoot through cover along with a bullet-time esqe ability and a skill to ricochet bullets off of walls. The ricochet ability looks like deliberately being able to target enemies around corners, not a passive thing

Arch

Known Poster
''
This first taste of Cyberpunk 2077 was unexpected and nothing short of amazing We know CD Projekt Red has a firm handle on player choice and narrative – which are both evidenced here – but now we see this dev has first-person shooter chops as well. The combat looked dynamic, fun, and filled with RPG elements galore. Although we were treated to roughly an hour of finely polished and beautiful gameplay, the developer didn't share a release date or give any hint of when we might see it. That likely points to 2019 or later. Don't worry, it's for this generation, and is currently slated to hit Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.''

Arch

Known Poster
I've heard conflicting things so not sure here.

I've heard one source saying there will be a lot of dialouge options.

Another source say it's usually 3-4, which i'm not too happy about, but here's hoping it's done right if that is the case.

CJTreader2001

Known Poster
Premium Member

Another source say it's usually 3-4, which i'm not too happy about, but here's hoping it's done right if that is the case.
I just hope it isn't limited like Fo4's. If they feel most encounters only require 3 or 4, that's fine, but some need many more.

Last edited:

Monte

Founder/Forum Cowboy
Staff member
Site Founder

Witcher 3 usually wasnt more than 4 tho (occasionally it had more)

Game sounds really good, but it’s really disappointing us peasants only got a damn trailer. Very shitty of CDPR, the poster child of being pro consumer, to show a behind closed door demo to industry elites and worthless journos

CJTreader2001

Known Poster
Premium Member

Game sounds really good, but it’s really disappointing us peasants only got a damn trailer. Very shitty of CDPR, the poster child of being pro consumer, to show a behind closed door demo to industry elites and worthless journos
Yeah, I wish they'd have at least released a video of it

Arch

Known Poster

There I disagree however.

The game is not finished yet, and they shouldn't show it.
Witcher 3's closed door demo was VERY different too the final product.

If they show the CP2077 gameplay, but the final product is changed from it, that would make consumers outraged.
((Already happened with Witcher 3))

so I think untill the game is ''semi finished'' they should keep it in closed doors.

Monte

Founder/Forum Cowboy
Staff member
Site Founder
There I disagree however.

The game is not finished yet, and they shouldn't show it.
Witcher 3's closed door demo was VERY different too the final product.

If they show the CP2077 gameplay, but the final product is changed from it, that would make consumers outraged.
((Already happened with Witcher 3))

so I think untill the game is ''semi finished'' they should keep it in closed doors.
Everybody says it looks amazing tho, so what’s the big deal? Journalists will point out if it ends up being different anyhow. I think they’re angering more ppl by not showing it to public

Arch

Known Poster
Everybody says it looks amazing tho, so what’s the big deal? Journalists will point out if it ends up being different anyhow. I think they’re angering more ppl by not showing it to public
I've heard the voiceline delivery has been described as corny, and some people thought the writing of these missions were not that good.
((It's CDPR, so I hope the writing will still be stellar, but who knows))
So I bet this is a ''controlled test'' on things they should cut/include/alter. if they had shown it to everyone, then I think they'd not get as constructive critiscsm.

Chatroom