• Welcome, Guest. SugarBombed.com is shutting down indefinitely no earlier than 02/02/2019 at 10PM Eastern. No backups will be made and any data pertaining to your account will be lost for good. Contact Potato on Twitter (@sb_potato) or on Discord to ask for a time extension if necessary to complete any backups. Please notify anyone who may want to backup data prior to the website deletion.

Destiny 2 Discussion Thread (9/6/17)

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Eddie

The Writer
Destiny 2 is an upcoming online-only multiplayer first-person shooter video game in development by Bungie and in assistance, Vicarious Visions and High Moon Studios. It will be published by Activision. Here we will discuss Destiny 2 and all things Destiny.

PipBoyofSteel155

Todd Howardinator
I vividly remember just a few months after Destiny 1's release, directly predicting the plot of the sequel. The Tower being attacked and you having to defend it. I think with this, its easy to see how the planned trilogy will fit together.

Destiny 1 - City Established. You Guardian. Help City
Destiny 2 - City attacked. Light is stolen. Darkness takes hold
Destiny 3 - City reestablished. Final fight against the Darkness. Possibly finally befriending Rasputin to help

Eddie

The Writer
I vividly remember just a few months after Destiny 1's release, directly predicting the plot of the sequel. The Tower being attacked and you having to defend it. I think with this, its easy to see how the planned trilogy will fit together.

Destiny 1 - City Established. You Guardian. Help City
Destiny 2 - City attacked. Light is stolen. Darkness takes hold
Destiny 3 - City reestablished. Final fight against the Darkness. Possibly finally befriending Rasputin to help
And all of it will be boring to me. It has a lot of potential, but it is so boring. I imagine a game of thrones type of story. The gameplay is fun, but the game just doesn't feel substantive

PipBoyofSteel155

Todd Howardinator
And all of it will be boring to me. It has a lot of potential, but it is so boring. I imagine a game of thrones type of story. The gameplay is fun, but the game just doesn't feel substantive
It's lore is its most fascinating thing to me. Some of the best background for any universe since Star Wars in my opinion.
Everything from the Traveler, to the nature of the Darkness (Whether its magical or a guided force of dark matter), to the alien races who each have a dispute with the Traveler, to even the true motives of the Traveler and the prospect that it's not protected the City because it wants to, but rather Rasputin used its weapons to trap it - All opens up so many avenues for storytelling.

It's just that none of it is fucking used because Bungie is retarded.

Destiny would work well as an actual role playing game. It doesn't belong as a shoot and loot grind machine.

Eddie

The Writer
It's lore is its most fascinating thing to me. Some of the best background for any universe since Star Wars in my opinion.
Everything from the Traveler, to the nature of the Darkness (Whether its magical or a guided force of dark matter), to the alien races who each have a dispute with the Traveler, to even the true motives of the Traveler and the prospect that it's not protected the City because it wants to, but rather Rasputin used its weapons to trap it - All opens up so many avenues for storytelling.

It's just that none of it is fucking used because Bungie is retarded.

Destiny would work well as an actual role playing game. It doesn't belong as a shoot and loot grind machine.
Yeah I think it should have more focus on RPG mechanics and elements. By the story I mean the "campaign" it doesn't have an interesting narrative. With it's background stuff it could have a compelling story, but the good guys fighting aliens isn't that interesting in my opinion

As someone that put an absurd amount of time into Destiny 1 to the point were im kind of ashamed to even reveal it, i thought the destiny 2 beta was very mediocre. The story and writing were weak to start off and PvP was alright but not enough to engage me like in the first Destiny. The gunplay is great but i dont think anyone was concerned about it. The classes are samey and more streamlined. The game is already very streamlined. I know why but its a turn off for me. Not excited honestly.

Chatroom