Dishonored is on hold

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR
That's easy. They may say it's in "rest mode" but we all thought there wasn't going to be another Fallout for a long time too. Then BAM! A spinoff no one asked for.

With that, Arkane brings us Dishonored 76. The only NPC's are other players and every power is either removed or made useless for balancing. The story is told solely through scraps of paper and graffiti, which is fine, Arkane's stories are told best that way. The late game involves launching the plague in a part of the map of your choosing. Best of all, it's not going to be released on Steam.

Anyways. Stupid jokes aside, I would be surprised if Arkane doesn't lean into more Prey content whether it's DLC or a new game. It may have underperformed at launch but I think the Mooncrash DLC helped Prey's case.

Wolfensanity

Staff member
Hey, we got three awesome Dishonored games. If the series is being put on ice, I think I'm okay with that. I support whatever Arkane are working on next, whether it's Prey 2 or something completely different.

CJTreader

Known Poster
Premium Member
That's easy. They may say it's in "rest mode" but we all thought there wasn't going to be another Fallout for a long time too. Then BAM! A spinoff no one asked for.

With that, Arkane brings us Dishonored 76. The only NPC's are other players and every power is either removed or made useless for balancing. The story is told solely through scraps of paper and graffiti, which is fine, Arkane's stories are told best that way. The late game involves launching the plague in a part of the map of your choosing. Best of all, it's not going to be released on Steam.

Anyways. Stupid jokes aside, I would be surprised if Arkane doesn't lean into more Prey content whether it's DLC or a new game. It may have underperformed at launch but I think the Mooncrash DLC helped Prey's case.
I want another Prey game so badly (Prey is the GOAT), but I feel like they'll probably try to create something new.

Hey, we got three awesome Dishonored games. If the series is being put on ice, I think I'm okay with that. I support whatever Arkane are working on next, whether it's Prey 2 or something completely different.
I'm not really sad to see Dishonored retired. I really liked the original, and although it was still pretty good, the second one just didn't grab me like the first. Among other issues, the plot felt kinda boring and contrived, so I think it needs a break. It has an interesting universe though, so I'd be interested in a possible reboot later on.

Obama

Known Poster
I want another Prey game so badly (Prey is the GOAT), but I feel like they'll probably try to create something new.

I'm not really sad to see Dishonored retired. I really liked the original, and although it was still pretty good, the second one just didn't grab me like the first. Among other issues, the plot felt kinda boring and contrived, so I think it needs a break. It has an interesting universe though, so I'd be interested in a possible reboot later on.
It felt like a poorer Deus Ex in my opinion and as Deus ex is on hold why don't arkane make a Deus ex game they have few Devs from first Deus ex there I think.

CJTreader

Known Poster
Premium Member
It felt like a poorer Deus Ex in my opinion and as Deus ex is on hold why don't arkane make a Deus ex game they have few Devs from first Deus ex there I think.
Yeah, I generally prefer more modern/futuristic game, so a Cyberpunk, Deus Ex-esqu immersive sim sounds great to me.

Chatroom