Does Bethesda want us to hate them?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

CJTreader

Known Poster
Premium Member
Remember when Bethesda charged for horse armor in the Oblivion days?

How about when they sold Fo3 with an obviously rushed and horrible story before asking us to pay additional money for the Broken Steel DLC to continue the game?

Or maybe you remember when they squeezed Skyrim of rpg elements and somehow wrote a worse story for it than Fo3.

Or how about when they tried to implement paid mods twice?

What about when they replaced a perfectly fuctional dialogue system with one with no redeeming qualities in Fo4?

And then there's that time when, after fans complained endlessly that Fo4 wasn't enough of an RPG, Bethesda decided to make Fallout into a rust clone.

Then don't forget when they decided to keep the rust clone off Steam to push their own shitty launcher.

Over the years, BGS has made so many awful decisions that it begs the question: does Bethesda want us to hate them?

CJTreader

Known Poster
Premium Member
I mean... they occasionally make decisions I don't agree with or that I dislike, but hating them for any of the reasons you listed is pretty extreme. They've done far more good than bad.
I mean... they occasionally make decisions I don't agree with or that I dislike, but hating them for any of the reasons you listed is pretty extreme. They've done far more good than bad.
I never said I hate them. In fact, I don't, and I'm obviously quite a bit of a fan of their work. However, they constantly and consistently make the most obviously asinine decision available, so it sure feels like they want us to hate them. Remember though, that's all just from the top of my head. The list of their misdeeds is many times longer.

Last edited:

Arch

Known Poster
Remember when Bethesda charged for horse armor in the Oblivion days?

How about when they sold Fo3 with an obviously rushed and horrible story before asking us to pay additional money for the Broken Steel DLC to continue the game?

Or maybe you remember when they squeezed Skyrim of rpg elements and somehow wrote a worse story for it than Fo3.

Or how about when they tried to implement paid mods twice?

What about when they replaced a perfectly fuctional dialogue system with one with no redeeming qualities in Fo4?

And then there's that time when, after fans complained endlessly that Fo4 wasn't enough of an RPG, Bethesda decided to make Fallout into a rust clone.

Then don't forget when they decided to keep the rust clone off Steam to push their own shitty launcher.

Over the years, BGS has made so many awful decisions that it begs the question: does Bethesda want us to hate them?
And when they removed review copies for their games.

Chatroom