Doom (2016) vs Wolfenstein: TNO (2014)

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Which game did you prefer?

• Doom (2016)

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Wolfenstein: The New Order (2014)

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

Radvantage

Administrator
Staff member
Both revivals of id's classic FPS games were received well upon release, but each one had their own take on their source material. Many think Doom's campaign was more faithful to the originals and succeeded due to its superb level design and fast-paced, tactical shooting. Wolfenstein: TNO was generally loved because of its surprisingly deep narrative along with a variety of approaches to combat scenarios (plus dual wielding). Overall they're slightly different FPS games, yes, but which revival did you prefer?

I think Wolfenstein was more solid as a package (because Doom's multiplayer was pretty mediocre), but I think Doom was much more fun, so I'd have to personally give it to the latter.

CJTreader

Staff member
Premium Member
Both revivals of id's classic FPS games were received well upon release, but each one had their own take on their source material. Many think Doom's campaign was more faithful to the originals and succeeded due to its superb level design and fast-paced, tactical shooting. Wolfenstein: TNO was generally loved because of its surprisingly deep narrative along with a variety of approaches to combat scenarios (plus dual wielding). Overall they're slightly different FPS games, yes, but which revival did you prefer?

I think Wolfenstein was more solid as a package (because Doom's multiplayer was pretty mediocre), but I think Doom was much more fun, so I'd have to personally give it to the latter.
I haven't played Doom yet, but I'd have to give it to Wolfenstein from what I know. A single-player game with no discernible story just doesn't appeal to me.

Wolfenstein TNO has way too many walkarounds where you have to sit there and see what's going on around you - completely taking away from the action. Wolfenstein 2 is a much better game, but we're not talking about that so I digress.

I 100% prefer Doom 4 out of the two options. Doom has demons and cool music that sounds like metal being scraped together. Wolfenstein TNO has bad gun-play and music that sounds generic.

Chatroom