Fallout 76 Discussion Thread (11/14/18)

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

CJTreader2001

Known Poster
Premium Member
It sends you to go find the guy who shot you in the head. You’re supposed to be pissed at him because...he shot you in the head.
Maybe. Or you could just want the Platinum chip. Or you could just want to know why it happened. There are a variety of reasons you might go after Benny. There aren't a variety of reasons to get your dad...

Maybe. Or you could just want the Platinum chip. Or you could just want to know why it happened. There are a variety of reasons you might go after Benny. There aren't a variety of reasons to get your dad...
Maybe, but this is all just window dressing. No game is a game without an over-arching mission or some direction to head in. That isn’t FO3’s fault. FO3 gave you tons of choices along the way as to how you decided to create your character. Interactions had consequence and you could legit lock yourself out of certain rewards and quests based upon dialogue choices (something FO4 severely lacked, sadly). Calling FO3 “too linear” is just a lazy argument, which is why I linked MATN’s video above. Yeah, it’s about 2 hours long, but it does an incredible job of explaining why the criticism, especially from the NV fanboys, is entirely undeserved; if not outright wrong. People put Obsidion up on this pedestal, but they created a subpar RPG with no karma system and a map that was entirely less consequential and, without question, a ton smaller than FO3.

I was thinking that the colors on the please stand by thing are suppose to be factions (or colored tv's are a really big deal in the new fallout) maybe its gonna be very faction focused taking some hints from new vegas.

I have a wacky, outside-the-box idea, BUT....what if you are a distant relative of James, your father in Fallout 3? Fallout 76 has you rebuilding the wastes and sends you in the direction of the Capital Wasteland, at some point. Maybe even early hints at a Project Purity. Would tie in very well to the rumored Fallout 3 remaster and send people in the direction of playing Fallout 3. Especially one built in the FO4 engine and ones who want to experience more Fallout. I mean, FO4 was the best selling game Bethesda ever had, even going well above and beyond Skyrim. Why not give people another chance to play FO3, while also capitalizing on the success of FO4?

All complete speculation, obviously, but a very compelling way to tie the stories together and make for an interesting game.

Chatroom