• Welcome, Guest. SugarBombed.com is shutting down indefinitely no earlier than 02/02/2019 at 10PM Eastern. No backups will be made and any data pertaining to your account will be lost for good. Contact Potato on Twitter (@sb_potato) or on Discord to ask for a time extension if necessary to complete any backups. Please notify anyone who may want to backup data prior to the website deletion.

Geforce RTX 2000 series

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

CJTreader

Staff member
Premium Member
Recently, Nvidia announced their new RTX 2080 and 2080 Ti graphics cards. This 2000 series will utilize ray tracing technology. Personally, I don't really understand or even care to understand the implications of this new technology as I'm not in the market for a new graphics card, but a lot of people seem to think it's revolutionary. However, from what I've seen of the specs, it doesn't look like it will be a huge generational leap, but again, I'm not very informed on the subject. Thoughts?

Last edited:

Wolfensanity

Staff member
I'm interested in seeing performance comparisons with RTX on/off. I have a feeling the hit won't be worth it. Real time ray tracing is really cool, but I want to see where that tech is 3-5 years down the line. Seems a little half-baked at the moment, imo. Eye reflections? Slighty better looking lighting and shadows? Yeah, I'm not sold just yet.

The RTX cards a bit of a mess.

Currently, only one game that really officially supports RTX. Battlefield 5. If you compare the RTX 2070 to the 1070ti, there's only a average 5-10% performance gain. Not worth the RTX's upcost.

I'll stick with Pascal while I can. Maybe AMD can actually come up with a competitive product.

Chatroom