How will Fallout 76 be received?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

CJTreader

Known Poster
Premium Member
Fallout 76 releases in just about three months on November 14, but at this point, how it may be received is largly up in the air seeing as this is a very new approach for Bethesda. On any and all metrics including average review score, sales, and general fan reception, how to you expect Fallout 76 to be received?

Meetch

Known Poster
Rad Member
Honestly I don't know.

I know that from our small subset internet Bethesda communities its going to be most likely received terribly, but the... *gags* mainstream audience will probably eat it right up. Its Fallout, its most likely going to sell really damn well even if it ends up being trash :(

Monte

Founder/Forum Cowboy
Staff member
Site Founder
Commercially, it’ll be top 5 best selling games of the year, maybe even top 3 behind rdr2 and bo4. Critically, I can’t see this getting above an 80 on metacritic. Fallout 4 only got an 87 and that was much more innovative than this. I doubt critics are gonna be praising the online, servers will be crashing left and right and there will be bugs galore. They’re not gonna be praising the combat either, it’s basically just Fallout 4 multiplayer. There’s not really much of a story so they won’t be praising that, the world looks very nice so they’ll probably praise it for that. 76 may be an accurate metacritic score (no pun intended) it would probably get even lower if it was not a BGS title. User scores will be even lower than fo4

Wolfensanity

Staff member
I'm expecting it to be very mixed. Some 8's, some 6's, not many 9's or 10's. It'll probably be buggy as all hell and a very divisive entry for many older and newer fans of Fallout.

Chatroom