Is securing national boarders worth it?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

CJTreader

Staff member
Premium Member
Whether they're refugees or economic migrants, illegal immigration has frustrated most stable countries throughout the world. However, securing the boarders of any nation is often difficult, expensive, and involving morally ambiguity. What are your thoughts?

guul66

Funk Police, Anti-Edgy department
i got nothing against immigrants as long as they act like guests. too many getting better treatment than actual hard-working citizens and its digusting. let them stay, but make them accountable for their actions and actually integrate them into society instead of letting them live in their communities living on government money.

CJTreader

Staff member
Premium Member
i got nothing against immigrants as long as they act like guests. too many getting better treatment than actual hard-working citizens and its digusting. let them stay, but make them accountable for their actions and actually integrte them into society instead of letting them live in their communities living on government money.
Integration into society is the most complex part for me. I agree it's necessary, but especially if people are coming and going as they please, how can it be enforced without going full authoritarian?

Monte

Founder/Forum Cowboy
Staff member
Site Founder
If there are no borders than there are no countries. The US will soon go the way of ancient Rome if we allow open borders. Remember the country just to our south is overrun by murderous Cartels

If there are no borders than there are no countries. The US will soon go the way of ancient Rome if we allow open borders. Remember the country just to our south is overrun by murderous Cartels
Tbf we're trying to kill the cartels instead of beating them at their own game (i.e. making drugs illegal which gives the cartel a market to sell to and smuggle stuff in)

Obviously we need borders, although I find the wall to be a gigantic waste of time and money. It'll cost an exorbitant amount of money not to mention people will still dig under it or climb over it *cough* and by the time the next administration comes around the project will inevitably be canned. Also if I recall correctly a lot of "illegal immigrants" are people overstaying their Visa's so yeah.

CJTreader

Staff member
Premium Member
Tbf we're trying to kill the cartels instead of beating them at their own game (i.e. making drugs illegal which gives the cartel a market to sell to and smuggle stuff in)

Obviously we need borders, although I find the wall to be a gigantic waste of time and money. It'll cost an exorbitant amount of money not to mention people will still dig under it or climb over it *cough* and by the time the next administration comes around the project will inevitably be canned. Also if I recall correctly a lot of "illegal immigrants" are people overstaying their Visa's so yeah.
That's the thing. Almost everyone would agree we should secure our boarders in abstract, but very few are willing to deal with the cost of it. To gain true control over immigration, we would have to spend hundreds of billions on barriers and boarder patrol personnel, implement Orwellian tracking of Visa holders, and just generally treat a lot of people like shit. How important is it really? How far are we willing to go?

guul66

Funk Police, Anti-Edgy department
Integration into society is the most complex part for me. I agree it's necessary, but especially if people are coming and going as they please, how can it be enforced without going full authoritarian?
How do (GOOD) countries integrate ex-prisoners into society. You watch over them, make sure they don't do any trouble and make sure they get jobs. Once they are all good you can turn your attention away from them. Might seem a little authoritarian to the immigrants, but the other option is letting them run loose and abuse our systems as they don't feel any partiality to our countries that would stop them from doing so.

Monte

Founder/Forum Cowboy
Staff member
Site Founder

Walls work, look at Israel. What we really need tho is to give border patrol more money and technology, and fix the broken laws

Chatroom