• Welcome, Guest. SugarBombed.com is shutting down indefinitely no earlier than 02/02/2019 at 10PM Eastern. No backups will be made and any data pertaining to your account will be lost for good. Contact Potato on Twitter (@sb_potato) or on Discord to ask for a time extension if necessary to complete any backups. Please notify anyone who may want to backup data prior to the website deletion.

Question Is Stellaris any good?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

CJTreader

Staff member
Premium Member
I've played Hearts of Iron 4 and Crucader Kings 2 and quite enjoyed them, so I'm interested in other Paradox games such as Stellaris. However, I've heard Stellaris is shallow and boring. If you've played it, how do you like it?

guul66

Funk Police, Anti-Edgy department
It's not boring, it's just so hard it ends up boring because of the difficulty. It also doesn't have any difficulty feedback (you mess up you don't know what you did wrong, you just throw rocks into the dark until they hit something), so overall unless you can stomach that it's not that good, especially to start off.

Meetch

Known Poster
Rad Member
I played it and couldn't really get into it. I enjoy complex games but its not my kind of complex. I imagine that if you get over the learning curve (can be bothered at least, that was my issue) I've heard its a really great game. Its certainly right up my alley

I have 200-300 hours in the game. it's not for everyone, but it can be very fun. The game still receives updates, some even overhaul the gameplay, which is nice because there's always something new and a new way to play the game.

CJTreader

Staff member
Premium Member
I have 200-300 hours in the game. it's not for everyone, but it can be very fun. The game still receives updates, some even overhaul the gameplay, which is nice because there's always something new and a new way to play the game.
Some Paradox games absolutely require DLC and some are just added onto with DLC. Where would you say Stellaris is there? Are there any core features locked behind a pay-wall?

Chatroom