Libertarian Life

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Ahab

Known Poster
Premium Member
Im not sure if this thread will hold up, I jsut had an idea that under the politics forum we might want threads discussing different political philosophies and Parties. I personally consider my self a libertarian and if you have any questions about my political views, feel free to ask here. I am hoping that other threads with other political views will eventually open up as well.

Eddie

The Writer
To me it means that everyone should basically do what they want as long as they are aren't infringing on anyone else's right I.e stealing, killing, and such. So drugs,? Doesn't matter as long you aren't fucking with other people. Religion? Doesn't fucking matter as long as you aren't fucking with anyone else. Racist? You're an asshole, but that's your choice.

Ahab

Known Poster
Premium Member
To me it means that everyone should basically do what they want as long as they are aren't infringing on anyone else's right I.e stealing, killing, and such. So drugs,? Doesn't matter as long you aren't fucking with other people. Religion? Doesn't fucking matter as long as you aren't fucking with anyone else. Racist? You're an asshole, but that's your choice.
That is a pretty good description of how I see Libertarian-ism for the most part. As long as your not hurting anyone else you can do what you want. You are free to be an asshole as long as your an asshole someplace else essentially. The biggest problem comes in with the What infringes on my life. One person may feel there desire to buy a cake from a specific business is being infringed if that business deny's them. On the other hand, the owner of that business feels their rights are being infringed if you make them sell the cake. Unfortunately its not black and white, I actually believe both people in that situation are right. It fucks with my head sometimes.

Eddie

The Writer
That is a pretty good description of how I see Libertarian-ism for the most part. As long as your not hurting anyone else you can do what you want. You are free to be an asshole as long as your an asshole someplace else essentially. The biggest problem comes in with the What infringes on my life. One person may feel there desire to buy a cake from a specific business is being infringed if that business deny's them. On the other hand, the owner of that business feels their rights are being infringed if you make them sell the cake. Unfortunately its not black and white, I actually believe both people in that situation are right. It fucks with my head sometimes.
A right isn't something you are given. It's something that you have. A right can't rely on someone being in that profession to give it to you.

Freedom of speech isn't something that needs to be given to us we have it, a cake needs to be baked, so it's given to you.

It's a right for you to pursue that cake, it's not a right for you to be given it.

Like with guns, it's a right to be able to bear arms, but that doesn't mean everyone needs to be given it sold guns

PipBoyofSteel155

Todd Howardinator
I believe that my political opinions aren't fully solidified yet, as I have only experienced a small fraction of what the real world has to offer, but as of right now, I'm in 100% agreement with others up top. Do whatever you want to do without harming anything or interfering with others' way of life :)

Ahab

Known Poster
Premium Member
I believe that my political opinions aren't fully solidified yet, as I have only experienced a small fraction of what the real world has to offer, but as of right now, I'm in 100% agreement with others up top. Do whatever you want to do without harming anything or interfering with others' way of life :)
Political feelings absolutely change as your life goes on. Mine morphed from a Religion that did not believe in getting involved in the "Politics of the world" into being Religious hard right and ultimately into a somewhat centrist libertarian. I honestly do not think it matters What a persons political beliefs are... Just so long as they are Actively thinking about it. Don't ever accept things being spoon fed to you, question everything and make up your own mind as to what you think is right for you.

I agree tbh. Probably a bit more ancap and farther down right then you all but still in the same ball park.

Like personally I think if someone does something really screwed up like burns your house down you should have the right to kill them rather than give them a trial. My opinion.

Arch

Known Poster
Exactly my point of view, i let everyone express their opinion, and i give them the right to express it, aslong as they give me the right to think they are a moron for having that opinion. but i'd never silence them for having their opinions.

Chatroom