Nintendo Classic editions

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Ahab, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Has anyone been able to get there hands on the NES classic? What are your thoughts on both the NES and the upcoming SNES

2. Yeah I have, one time my neighbor was having a yard sale and in a barrel I found two NES games so she said I could keep them and I brought them home and i got one of them working for a while so she lent me Super Mario Bros 3. It was a really cool experience.

3. Im actually refereing to the new mini devices that Nintendo is releasing. http://www.nintendo.com/nes-classic/

That Mini classic was selling in stores for 60 bucks, but Nintendo only produced 2 million of them and hten canceled it. Now they are selling on Ebay for $300

The upcoming SNES version was available for pre-order on walmart but so many people pre-ordered that walmart is now going back through and canceling peoples orders becuse they wont have hte stock to meet them.

4. Oh whoops I thought you meant the ORIGINAL ones that I had from 1985. I did want to get one of those tho because they looked really cool.

5. I got my original Nintendo when a friend whos parents had more money than mine broke his and they bought him a new one. He game me the broken one. My father being ols school in the computer industry had tought me a lot of basic electronics, so I opened it up, found the power lead had broken loose on the mainboard " I assume it fell and cought on the poer cord" So I re-soldered it and boom had a nintendo. Did not really play it much though because i already had an 8088 PC and a modem.

6. If I had the money I would love to get this to experience what it was like to play the NES, I was in 1997 so I didn't really get a good chance to experience it.

7. Yeah, there was a time in the early 2000's when you could get all the older Nintendo systems for pretty cheap, but now they have all entered Collector stage and nothing is cheap anymore.

Eddie likes this.
  8. #8 mrtowel420, Sep 14, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    Hard to buy one when I can buy a WII and get all the old Nes and Snes games anyway.