Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

PipBoyofSteel155

Todd Howardinator
The sequel to one of the many gems of 2015, Pillars of Eternity II has the player assume the role of the Watcher - Who through witnessing a supernatural event and a soul-extracting machination at work, became one who could not only see into his past lives, but also the tormented souls of others.

Pillars 2 takes place in a region known as the Deadfire Archipelago, and follows the Watcher in his journey through the many civilizations that reside here, as he searches for the god, Eothas, after his stronghold is destroyed.

CJTreader

Known Poster
Premium Member
I actually played the first PoE in preparation and it was pretty good, so I'm optimistic about PoE2. I'm just hoping this game grabs and immerses me more than the first. I just found myself rushing through the story, ignoring side-quests, and not caring about the world.

PipBoyofSteel155

Todd Howardinator
I actually played the first PoE in preparation and it was pretty good, so I'm optimistic about PoE2. I'm just hoping this game grabs and immerses me more than the first. I just found myself rushing through the story, ignoring side-quests, and not caring about the world.
My problem with the original stems from the fact that it's not very good at worldbuilding.
Worldbuilding since PoE for Obsidian is lore dumps in the middle of dialogue, which isn't very efficient on keeping players awake. I can see why you played that way

Eddie

The Writer
Don't know why this thread was moved to PC Gaming. It's coming out for consoles this month XD

The first game is coming out for Xbox One, but DeadFire is coming out only for PC. It may come out for consoles later on, but Sawyer said it's being made specifically for PC

Eddie

The Writer
Ah kk. I assumed 2 would be coming to consoles too
I hope so, but I was watching a DeadFire update on the Obsidian channel, Sawyer was talking about the first being worked on and being put on consoles, and he answered a question about DeadFire being made for consoles, he said no it's being made PCs.

I wish it was on console, but it will be a better game being made for PC

PipBoyofSteel155

Todd Howardinator
I hope so, but I was watching a DeadFire update on the Obsidian channel, Sawyer was talking about the first being worked on and being put on consoles, and he answered a question about DeadFire being made for consoles, he said no it's being made PCs.

I wish it was on console, but it will be a better game being made for PC
Yeah, I agree. Multiplatform games are always at their core designed for the system with the fewest buttons

Arch

Known Poster
PoE 2 is great, and in my opinion better than 1.

Characters are fleshed out and very interesting, i loved Maia and Serafen immensely.

Loads of factions and a WIld Card faction, plus it's not that long.
and that is the best thing for this game.

Because the game is very different between characters, race, classes and backgrounds, and having a short main story really helps making me actually want to try it again and again.

CJTreader

Known Poster
Premium Member
PoE 2 is great, and in my opinion better than 1.

Characters are fleshed out and very interesting, i loved Maia and Serafen immensely.

Loads of factions and a WIld Card faction, plus it's not that long.
and that is the best thing for this game.

Because the game is very different between characters, race, classes and backgrounds, and having a short main story really helps making me actually want to try it again and again.
I agree that it's an improvement over the first. I'm only 12 hours in, but I'm really enjoying it so far. How do you think it compares to Divinity: OS2?

Arch

Known Poster
I agree that it's an improvement over the first. I'm only 12 hours in, but I'm really enjoying it so far. How do you think it compares to Divinity: OS2?
DoS is better, no question about it.

Both are awesome, but I prefer turn based over RT, and the tie in stories of DoS is just so well made it's insane.

however, making your own character is better in PoE 2, and your own character and your stats factor in so much more.

So yeah, both are great, but i give the edge to DoS 2 cause of the story.
but Character creation is better in PoE II.

Chatroom