Developed by: iD software and Avalanche Studios
Published by: Bethesda
Release: TBA

Reveal Trailer:
Gameplay trailer:

Last edited:

Wolfensanity

Staff member
The announcement trailer was a little odd but I'm kinda liking the Mad Max Fury Road vibes I got from it. And if I'm correct in assuming Avalanche has been working on the open world, that ought to be very big and very pretty.

The announcement trailer was a little odd but I'm kinda liking the Mad Max Fury Road vibes I got from it. And if I'm correct in assuming Avalanche has been working on the open world, that ought to be very big and very pretty.
Agreed. It was a bit too eccentric for my taste, but I'm interested in what they do with this.

Monte

Founder/Forum Cowboy
Staff member
Site Founder
Agreed. It was a bit too eccentric for my taste, but I'm interested in what they do with this.
The beginning of the gameplay trailer makes it seem like the story is still somewhat serious, which is good
Looks very Mad Max meets DOOM, and a little bit of Bulletstorm. Avalanche and id Software might be the perfect match for a game like this.
bulletstorm is an interesting comparison, forgot about that game tbh

Monte

Founder/Forum Cowboy
Staff member
Site Founder
The more I think about it, this type of super tight and fluid DOOM type FPS gameplay hasnt really been done in an open world setting like this before. Thats why I think this game could be GOTY 2019

Monte

Founder/Forum Cowboy
Staff member
Site Founder
Id has one of the best engines out there and they're owned by the same parent company as Bethesda, here's hoping Bethesda finally adopts idtech after rage 2
This would be great but I don’t think this would be possible for the games BGS creates. U can interact with almost every object in their games, which is why other things (such as super fluid gameplay ala Doom) are sacrificed. I hope BGS has iD craft the gunplay in their games going forward however, like how they helped with fo4