• Welcome, Guest. SugarBombed.com is shutting down indefinitely no earlier than 02/02/2019 at 10PM Eastern. No backups will be made and any data pertaining to your account will be lost for good. Contact Potato on Twitter (@sb_potato) or on Discord to ask for a time extension if necessary to complete any backups. Please notify anyone who may want to backup data prior to the website deletion.

Stormlands

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

guul66

Funk Police, Anti-Edgy department
Prologue

I was falling.
A few hundred meters below, was the ground.
I couldn’t focus on anything, because I was falling fast.
My life flipped through my eyes, but at the same time, I couldn’t think about it.
The ground was getting closer and closer, I was about to hit it.
The very last thoughts crossed my mind and then:

Sand.

Chapter 1

With a gasp I shot up from my bed. Except, it wasn’t my bed. Where am I?
The dream, it hurt. It really hurt. My whole body was aching, like my bones had just been broken.
The room I was in, it was dark, with a few beams of light traveling through the tight grate in front of the window. My bed, I mean, the bed that I was in, wasn’t too comfortable. It felt like it is filled with hay or something. At least the poking didn’t hurt more than how much my body did anyway.
It is also curious how I wasn’t covered by any blanket or anything. Seemed like the norm. But I guess it didn’t matter, because I was feeling hot without it. Just now I realized I was sweating not because I’m stressed, but because the temperature was quite high in here.
I was trying to go back to sleep, but my body was aching too much for that to happen. Suddenly, the door opened, bringing in well welcome fresh air and less welcome hot air. At the door was a man, I couldn’t really judge his age, but he seemed to be well into his adolescence. He was wearing a cowboy hat and a long brown coat, along with some clothes underneath that.
“Oh, so you’ve woken up?” The figure said.
“I g-” I was taken back by my throat aching. It was like a hive full of wasps stung me from inside. When I heard my own voice it was as hoarser than the cliche bandit.
“Hmm, you should rest your voice for a little bit now, here, have some water.” The man took out a glass bottle filled with a liquid and placed it in my hand.
Cautious at first, I sat up and examined the liquid. The bottle was green, so the liquid looked like it was of a darker shade. After a second of thinking my thirst overcame my caution and I gulped the whole bottle of liquid. It was water alright, but it felt sweeter than water usually does. I guess thats just how thirst works.
“You were pretty busted up when I found you. Fell right in front of my house. It was a miracle you survived,” he spoke.
So that dream, wasn’t a dream.
“Had I been a step forward you would’ve fallen on me. Then we’d have two dead people instead of one injured outsider.”
It took me a moment, but then I understood he was calling me an outsider. Which meant I wasn’t from around here. At least probably.
“Where am I?” I finally decided to speak. My voice was smoother and familiar. And my throat didn’t feel like it was dying inside when I moved my vocal cords.
“You’re in Seeton, outsider. In the West Stormlands,” The figure smiled at me, revealing that he was missing at least 1 teeth, but the others seemed shinier than the average person “I guess I forgot to introduce myself. I’m Harald Põder, the doctor around here, as you might’ve guessed. It wasn’t easy fixing you up, but good thing I got years of experience and more books than one can remember the names of.”
While contemplating what the doctor had just said I took a look around the room, noticing my body. It wasn’t in any cast or anything, but moving my limbs they felt kind of strange at first, kind of stiff.
“I’m not sure how it is in the outside, but around here it’s custom to introduce yourself back when somebody has told you their name,” dr. Põder raised his eyebrow, waiting an answer from me.
“Oh, my name? My name…” It was strange. I had no memory of what my name could be. None at all. No matter how much I tried to find some glimpse of what it could be.
“I can’t remember my name.”
“At all? Amnesia then, not too surprised, you did fall from practically the sky. Well, I guess that means you can figure out your own name for yourself. Go on, pick one.”
I fell from the sky? How could that have happened? How did I survive that? Thats not possible. And now I have to pick myself a new name? Well, I guess I’ll just go with my origin story.
“I’ll be Taevalaps. Skychild. Feels fitting.”
“Fitting it is, I agree,” the doctor grinned “Well, I’m not sure what the outside is like, but we’ll need to show you how things are in our world, if you plan on surviving... Comon’, stand up, but take your time.”
My legs hadn’t stopped feeling stiff, but trying to move them yielded results. I took my time, not wanting to hurt myself and finally managed to sit upright, with my legs over the edge of the bed. It was then the doctor offered his hand to me, which I happily accepted. It took some effort and I swear I heard my legs creak, but when I opened my eyes again I was standing up. Walking took a second to get used to, but it was a quick second and soon I followed the doctor out of the room.
We went through a small hallway and emerged in a room with more floor space, about 4 times of the room I had rested in. It also had more stuff in it. The 3 windows each also had a grate on them, which struck home, but beside the arch that led to the hallway there was also another door that led to what I suspected to be the outside.
Inside the room itself there were a lot of dressers, cupboards and shelves next to the walls, with a lot of books visible on them. In one corner of the room, on the other side from the door, there was a bed and a chair next to it, with an medical-looking table between the two, on it various medical equipment, such as scalpels, tweezers, as well as things like a stethoscope and a few syringes.
“You didn’t have a lot on you when I found you,” He started “except some clothes that didn’t really make it. They were quite battered and ripped and I instead decided to fit you in one of my few gowns for the time you were unconscious.”
While he was looking through a dresser and talking at the same time, collecting different articles of clothing. It was then that I noticed that my apparel was indeed an hospital gown. But it felt more like a plastic tablecloth with holes cut into it. It even had flowers on it, which I didn’t mind, it even made me smirk.
“Well, I think that the clothes I found you in won’t really help you, well, survive out here. So I decided to give you a pair of what I had left over.” Quickly, he turned around and put the stack of clothes in his hands into mine and waved me off, as I presumed, to change.
I went back to the room before, took off the gown, leaving it on the bed and put on the new attire. Looking at the tiny mirror in the room I looked much like a cowboy, missing only a good revolver and maybe a cigar.
When I went back to the doctor he gave me a quick look and said I’ll fit in nicely, then following him, we went outside.
First thing I noticed exiting the doctor’s house was the storm in the distance. It went straight up to the sky and surrounded us in all directions - there were no holes in it, except straight up, where the sky was seen. Examining it for a little while made it clear that the storm was quite far away in all directions and it didn’t seem to change its location, at least not much.
“What’s that?” I quizzical shot a look towards dr. Põder.
“Oh that? Thats the Storm, with a big S. It surrounds us, but never moves. Has been here for, what, a few hundred years? More? I don’t know, I doubt there are a lot of people in here that do. Whatever is inside of it, is the Stormlands. Everything outside, well thats the outside. You’ll know more about that than us, even though you have amnesia. Impossible to get out of here, though, as it seems, not impossible to get in.”
I responded only with a “Huh.”
After a second of silence my trail of thoughts reached a conclusion: “I need to find out things about my past. Maybe I can restore some memories? Maybe I wasn’t the only one who fell recently?”
“It’s possible, but first you need a gun. Noone survives out in the open stormlands without a gun.”
“And where can I get one of those?”
“Well, guns aren’t cheap. I’ll help you find work in one of the ranches around here, I’m sure if you work hard in a little while you are going to get your sidearm. Let’s go look around. Some family is bound to need a laborer this season.”
I shrugged off the doctors mention of “this season” and followed him, examining the town as we walked.

Arch

Known Poster
Prologue

I was falling.
A few hundred meters below, was the ground.
I couldn’t focus on anything, because I was falling fast.
My life flipped through my eyes, but at the same time, I couldn’t think about it.
The ground was getting closer and closer, I was about to hit it.
The very last thoughts crossed my mind and then:

Sand.

Chapter 1

With a gasp I shot up from my bed. Except, it wasn’t my bed. Where am I?
The dream, it hurt. It really hurt. My whole body was aching, like my bones had just been broken.
The room I was in, it was dark, with a few beams of light traveling through the tight grate in front of the window. My bed, I mean, the bed that I was in, wasn’t too comfortable. It felt like it is filled with hay or something. At least the poking didn’t hurt more than how much my body did anyway.
It is also curious how I wasn’t covered by any blanket or anything. Seemed like the norm. But I guess it didn’t matter, because I was feeling hot without it. Just now I realized I was sweating not because I’m stressed, but because the temperature was quite high in here.
I was trying to go back to sleep, but my body was aching too much for that to happen. Suddenly, the door opened, bringing in well welcome fresh air and less welcome hot air. At the door was a man, I couldn’t really judge his age, but he seemed to be well into his adolescence. He was wearing a cowboy hat and a long brown coat, along with some clothes underneath that.
“Oh, so you’ve woken up?” The figure said.
“I g-” I was taken back by my throat aching. It was like a hive full of wasps stung me from inside. When I heard my own voice it was as hoarser than the cliche bandit.
“Hmm, you should rest your voice for a little bit now, here, have some water.” The man took out a glass bottle filled with a liquid and placed it in my hand.
Cautious at first, I sat up and examined the liquid. The bottle was green, so the liquid looked like it was of a darker shade. After a second of thinking my thirst overcame my caution and I gulped the whole bottle of liquid. It was water alright, but it felt sweeter than water usually does. I guess thats just how thirst works.
“You were pretty busted up when I found you. Fell right in front of my house. It was a miracle you survived,” he spoke.
So that dream, wasn’t a dream.
“Had I been a step forward you would’ve fallen on me. Then we’d have two dead people instead of one injured outsider.”
It took me a moment, but then I understood he was calling me an outsider. Which meant I wasn’t from around here. At least probably.
“Where am I?” I finally decided to speak. My voice was smoother and familiar. And my throat didn’t feel like it was dying inside when I moved my vocal cords.
“You’re in Seeton, outsider. In the West Stormlands,” The figure smiled at me, revealing that he was missing at least 1 teeth, but the others seemed shinier than the average person “I guess I forgot to introduce myself. I’m Harald Põder, the doctor around here, as you might’ve guessed. It wasn’t easy fixing you up, but good thing I got years of experience and more books than one can remember the names of.”
While contemplating what the doctor had just said I took a look around the room, noticing my body. It wasn’t in any cast or anything, but moving my limbs they felt kind of strange at first, kind of stiff.
“I’m not sure how it is in the outside, but around here it’s custom to introduce yourself back when somebody has told you their name,” dr. Põder raised his eyebrow, waiting an answer from me.
“Oh, my name? My name…” It was strange. I had no memory of what my name could be. None at all. No matter how much I tried to find some glimpse of what it could be.
“I can’t remember my name.”
“At all? Amnesia then, not too surprised, you did fall from practically the sky. Well, I guess that means you can figure out your own name for yourself. Go on, pick one.”
I fell from the sky? How could that have happened? How did I survive that? Thats not possible. And now I have to pick myself a new name? Well, I guess I’ll just go with my origin story.
“I’ll be Taevalaps. Skychild. Feels fitting.”
“Fitting it is, I agree,” the doctor grinned “Well, I’m not sure what the outside is like, but we’ll need to show you how things are in our world, if you plan on surviving... Comon’, stand up, but take your time.”
My legs hadn’t stopped feeling stiff, but trying to move them yielded results. I took my time, not wanting to hurt myself and finally managed to sit upright, with my legs over the edge of the bed. It was then the doctor offered his hand to me, which I happily accepted. It took some effort and I swear I heard my legs creak, but when I opened my eyes again I was standing up. Walking took a second to get used to, but it was a quick second and soon I followed the doctor out of the room.
We went through a small hallway and emerged in a room with more floor space, about 4 times of the room I had rested in. It also had more stuff in it. The 3 windows each also had a grate on them, which struck home, but beside the arch that led to the hallway there was also another door that led to what I suspected to be the outside.
Inside the room itself there were a lot of dressers, cupboards and shelves next to the walls, with a lot of books visible on them. In one corner of the room, on the other side from the door, there was a bed and a chair next to it, with an medical-looking table between the two, on it various medical equipment, such as scalpels, tweezers, as well as things like a stethoscope and a few syringes.
“You didn’t have a lot on you when I found you,” He started “except some clothes that didn’t really make it. They were quite battered and ripped and I instead decided to fit you in one of my few gowns for the time you were unconscious.”
While he was looking through a dresser and talking at the same time, collecting different articles of clothing. It was then that I noticed that my apparel was indeed an hospital gown. But it felt more like a plastic tablecloth with holes cut into it. It even had flowers on it, which I didn’t mind, it even made me smirk.
“Well, I think that the clothes I found you in won’t really help you, well, survive out here. So I decided to give you a pair of what I had left over.” Quickly, he turned around and put the stack of clothes in his hands into mine and waved me off, as I presumed, to change.
I went back to the room before, took off the gown, leaving it on the bed and put on the new attire. Looking at the tiny mirror in the room I looked much like a cowboy, missing only a good revolver and maybe a cigar.
When I went back to the doctor he gave me a quick look and said I’ll fit in nicely, then following him, we went outside.
First thing I noticed exiting the doctor’s house was the storm in the distance. It went straight up to the sky and surrounded us in all directions - there were no holes in it, except straight up, where the sky was seen. Examining it for a little while made it clear that the storm was quite far away in all directions and it didn’t seem to change its location, at least not much.
“What’s that?” I quizzical shot a look towards dr. Põder.
“Oh that? Thats the Storm, with a big S. It surrounds us, but never moves. Has been here for, what, a few hundred years? More? I don’t know, I doubt there are a lot of people in here that do. Whatever is inside of it, is the Stormlands. Everything outside, well thats the outside. You’ll know more about that than us, even though you have amnesia. Impossible to get out of here, though, as it seems, not impossible to get in.”
I responded only with a “Huh.”
After a second of silence my trail of thoughts reached a conclusion: “I need to find out things about my past. Maybe I can restore some memories? Maybe I wasn’t the only one who fell recently?”
“It’s possible, but first you need a gun. Noone survives out in the open stormlands without a gun.”
“And where can I get one of those?”
“Well, guns aren’t cheap. I’ll help you find work in one of the ranches around here, I’m sure if you work hard in a little while you are going to get your sidearm. Let’s go look around. Some family is bound to need a laborer this season.”
I shrugged off the doctors mention of “this season” and followed him, examining the town as we walked.
I like it :D , maybe to compact wall of text but that maybe because of my phone and bad internet it shows like that, but yeah I like the story introduction , reminds me of Doc Mitchell's opening :)

Last edited:

guul66

Funk Police, Anti-Edgy department
I like it :S, maybe to compact wall of text but that maybe because of my phone and bad internet it shows like that, but yeah I like the story introduction , reminds me of Doc Mitchell's opening :)
Yeah, I started to notice it was getting kinda close to the NV intro for some reason.

Chatroom