Strategy Tales

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by CJTreader2001, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Whether you're paving a path to Mars, building a city from the ground up, or expanding your medieval realm, playing a strategy game often creates a unique, interesting, or even comical narrative. This is a thread where we can tell all of them.

2. This isn't the most interesting story, but I figure it's good enough to start the ball rolling. It was the ancient era. I, Montezuma, had recently settled my glorious capital city of Tenochtitlan. Knowing that this was the prime time to assert my dominance and set my civilization on the path to victory, I began building an army straight away and searching for cities to capture and units to enslave. In due time, I found Tsar Peter and his city of St Petersburg across some rivers and hills. As his city was quite close to mine, I knew this would be my first target; However, my army of great eagle warriors wasn't quite large enough to destroy his city outright, so I made nice with the Slav. After surveying the area with my troops, I became increasingly convinced that this city was positioned perfectly for a thriving addition to my empire, but Peter grew worried about my troop movements and confronted me. In my arrogance, I told him he was right to be worried and declared war at that very moment. St Petersburg didn't even have a wall, so I naively thought it an easy capture.The Russo-Aztec war had begun. My eagle warriors quickly defeated much of his army and sent them north to work Tenochtitlan. I then sent my troops in to capture St Petersburg, but he had an archer garrisoned in the city and shooting down upon my army. As my army was being bombarded, I knew it was only a matter of time before my units near the city perished. I had many reinforcements trekking down from my capital though, so I assured myself I'd be fine as long as I weakened the city as fast as possible. However, I made bad use of my army. One unit was destroyed after I ordered them to siege the city from across the river and another was decimated by the garrisoned archer. I told myself I still had a chance with my advancing army from Tenochtitlan, but as my city was separated from Peter’s by a hill-range, two rivers, and a group of forests, my army couldn't make it in time. I had to give in. After the peace deal, I kept assuring myself a second siege would be successful if I gathered the army on the other side of the geographic barriers beforehand, but Peter had built a city wall and a far more advanced army. My hopes for victory were dashed.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 2)