The Elder Scrolls VI Anticipation/Speculation thread

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

PipBoyofSteel155

Todd Howardinator
I know the setting. I know I do!

Since Beth uses Roman Numerals, 6 being "VI", it can be imagined that the title opening will be like Oblivion, a slow pan away from the "IV" to reveal the words "OblIVion"

So what part of Nirn has a "VI" in its name other than ObliVIon, but AkaVIr

The Elder Scrolls VI: Akavir

And it'd be a nice follow up to Skyrim narratively

Eddie

The Writer
Oh god, I really don't want the settlement system in a TES game. Maybe apply the system to houses only, but I can't see settlements fitting in with the world of TES, that already has its own empires and civilizations Beth needs to worry about.
I basically agree, but I can't shake off the feeling that BGS used Fallout to test the system to put it in TES. I really was just posting that understand Tha assumption that they will, and if they will I want it to improve and be good

Monte

Founder/Forum Cowboy
Staff member
Site Founder

Since Beth uses Roman Numerals, 6 being "VI", it can be imagined that the title opening will be like Oblivion, a slow pan away from the "IV" to reveal the words "OblIVion"

Holy shit did u come up with this? Genius

Either this or TES VI: Dominion set in the aldmeri Dominion bc the thalmor shit isn't resolved in skyrim and Dominion sounds cool

Eddie

The Writer
Holy shit did u come up with this? Genius

Either this or TES VI: Dominion set in the aldmeri Dominion bc the thalmor shit isn't resolved in skyrim and Dominion sounds cool
I hope they don't do a big time skip just so they won't have to show us the fight

Eh. Interesting theory, but it won't happen. They aren't going to Akavir when there is still so much of Tamriel to explore and stories to tell there. It'd make no sense to travel to a whole new continent with all new creatures and factions and lore when the stuff they already have is fucked up, pardon my french. As much as I'd like a spinoff to Akavir similar to TES Adventures Redguard, TESVI and probably all of the main entries to the franchise will take place in Tamriel.

Eh. Interesting theory, but it won't happen. They aren't going to Akavir when there is still so much of Tamriel to explore and stories to tell there. It'd make no sense to travel to a whole new continent with all new creatures and factions and lore when the stuff they already have is fucked up, pardon my french. As much as I'd like a spinoff to Akavir similar to TES Adventures Redguard, TESVI and probably all of the main entries to the franchise will take place in Tamriel.
My line of thinking is that they've technically done all of the regions in Tamriel in Arena. Also, a lot of regions that haven't been done yet in numbered games are in ESO - Perhaps Bethesda wouldn't want to squander their work, so they move the sequel to a place that has literally never been touched in-game before.

It also has been teased a few times, most notably in Oblivion, you can sometimes overhear that the Nerevarine (Your character in Morrowind) had began an expedition to Akavir after the defeat of Dagoth Ur

My line of thinking is that they've technically done all of the regions in Tamriel in Arena. Also, a lot of regions that haven't been done yet in numbered games are in ESO - Perhaps Bethesda wouldn't want to squander their work, so they move the sequel to a place that has literally never been touched in-game before.

It also has been teased a few times, most notably in Oblivion, you can sometimes overhear that the Nerevarine (Your character in Morrowind) had began an expedition to Akavir after the defeat of Dagoth Ur
Well Arena is procedurally generated, I don't know if you've played it but I have and literally every province looks the same except for cities, and even cities that are right next to eachother take HOURS to travel, thank god for fast travel. In Skyrim the whole province is just snow and barren trees. In Hammerfell the entire province is just desert in the north or plains in the south. It's boring. It isn't exploration. And ESO is... ESO. In the lore community we don't usually count ESO as accurate, it'd piss off a lot of people if they said 'oh you wanna explore black marsh well just play eso'.

And for the Nerevarine, I think that's more evidence for us not going to Akavir. In each game they try to square off the characters so they never have to canonicize the races or gender. In Daggerfall, boom he's dead. Morrowind, boom he's in Akavir never to return. Oblivion, he turns into Sheogorath. Skyrim, trapped in Apocrypha with Herma Mora. If they went to Akavir they'd need to explain away the Nerevarine, which I don't think they want to do.

Well Arena is procedurally generated, I don't know if you've played it but I have and literally every province looks the same except for cities, and even cities that are right next to eachother take HOURS to travel, thank god for fast travel. In Skyrim the whole province is just snow and barren trees. In Hammerfell the entire province is just desert in the north or plains in the south. It's boring. It isn't exploration. And ESO is... ESO. In the lore community we don't usually count ESO as accurate, it'd piss off a lot of people if they said 'oh you wanna explore black marsh well just play eso'.

And for the Nerevarine, I think that's more evidence for us not going to Akavir. In each game they try to square off the characters so they never have to canonicize the races or gender. In Daggerfall, boom he's dead. Morrowind, boom he's in Akavir never to return. Oblivion, he turns into Sheogorath. Skyrim, trapped in Apocrypha with Herma Mora. If they went to Akavir they'd need to explain away the Nerevarine, which I don't think they want to do.
You got a point. Though I personally disagree. Seeing as how they just fuckered-up the Empire, Vvardenfell is pretty much destroyed, Black Marsh was invaded (I think? Not a loremaster), it'd be nice for them to use Akavir as a way to wipe the slate clean and give us an Elder Scrolls that we haven't experienced before.

And perhaps the Nerevarine was looking for something?

It would be cool if they gave the IP to another company to make spin offs of it like that while they made the made games
Agreed. Since everyone is talking about Akavir, I think a good spinoff would be a narrative action game similar to Redguard about Uriel V's attempted invasion of Akavir. It'd expand upon the lore, take place on a new fresh continent, it's mentioned in the earlier games so a problem similar to ESO doesn't arise, etc etc. I'd want it to have voice acted protagonist, let it be something not so open world and be strong on writing and combat better than button smashing.

Eddie

The Writer
It would be cool if they gave the IP to another company to make spin offs of it like that while they made the made games

Eddie

The Writer
I think they need a whole new writing staff, and actually have writers this time around, the lead designer literally said the level designers wrote many of the questions in Fallout 4, that's why they were so bareboned

I think they need a whole new writing staff, and actually have writers this time around, the lead designer literally said the level designers wrote many of the questions in Fallout 4, that's why they were so bareboned
Absolutely. Honestly I feel like the last game they made with really good writing was Oblivion. I know they're very like "oh we're a family everyone here has known eachother so long we're so close" but they need to expand and get morr and better writers. And even though I cant stand Lawrence Sh(pr)ick, I think a lead loremaster is an excellent job and they should hire one for TES, Fallout, and maybe even their new IPs.

Chatroom