The Elder Scrolls VI Anticipation/Speculation thread

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR
It's definitely looks to be an Elder Scrolls VI: High Rock or maybe Elsweyr.
Hammerfell is too much of a desert
Hammerfell isn't entirely desert. The eastern and southern parts are drier but not completely Alik'r sand dunes. I don't think it's Elsweyr. It COULD be Anequina (northern kingdom of Elsweyr) but I don't think Bethesda is ready to take on Elsweyr yet (and thank god for that. They would fuck it up so bad). To me it looks Hammerfell or High Rock, which makes very happy since those are particularly the two provinces I wanted the most.
Based on the little we got, I'd put money on Hammerfell. We'll have to wait a few years to see more I guess.

Unless they tease again?

Dingo

Magic Sky Dog
My money is on Hammerfell. There was a really good speculation piece on YouTube that pointed out some evidence of Hammerfell. I'll try to remember to share it earlier.

Obama

Known Poster
My money is on Hammerfell. There was a really good speculation piece on YouTube that pointed out some evidence of Hammerfell. I'll try to remember to share it earlier.
Was it camelworks video because he explains well why it could be hammerfell or illiac bay

After watching a few videos, I have 99% certainty that it is Hammerfell. The crater by what looks to be Azra's Crossing, the Dragontail Mountains, the coast that we see that lines up to the latest maps we have, pretty much solidifies it. It honestly excites me that in somewhere between 2020 and ~2024, you will start to hear all of the mainstream/casual players talking about how cool "that new game, Hammerfell" is.

I'm also partially relieved that they didn't decide to do Akavir, in any incarnation. I don't know if I could trust Emil in unraveling the mystery behind it.

Obama

Known Poster
After watching a few videos, I have 99% certainty that it is Hammerfell. The crater by what looks to be Azra's Crossing, the Dragontail Mountains, the coast that we see that lines up to the latest maps we have, pretty much solidifies it. It honestly excites me that in somewhere between 2020 and ~2024, you will start to hear all of the mainstream/casual players talking about how cool "that new game, Hammerfell" is.

I'm also partially relieved that they didn't decide to do Akavir, in any incarnation. I don't know if I could trust Emil in unraveling the mystery behind it.
Not all those dirty mainstream casuals I liked fallout before it was cool
Im just kidding but ye it's definitely hammerfell

CJTreader

Known Poster
Premium Member

It might be Hammerfell, but I'm confident it's not the northern bit with Azra's Crossing.

Monte

Founder/Forum Cowboy
Staff member
Site Founder

It will still be TES: AkaVIr. The game will be set in Hammerfell and High Rock tho, sorta like how TES IV is called Oblivion not Cyrodill, but the main story is about saving Tamriel from the Akaviri invasion. Probably at the end of the game you get to travel to Akavir.

I actually didn’t know anything about Akavir until I read a book in Skyrim which talked about it and an invasion leading to the “final war”. Since TES VI will likely be Todd’s last TES game it would make sense to do this. Also it would kinda be continuing off of Skyrim, since that was about a Dragon invasion which could’ve been a prelude to the Akavir invasion (since dragons are from akavir I guess?). Also bethesda loves playing with numbers etc so they will not miss the opportunity to do the AkaVIr thing.

CJTreader

Known Poster
Premium Member
It will still be TES: AkaVIr. The game will be set in Hammerfell and High Rock tho, sorta like how TES IV is called Oblivion not Cyrodill, but the main story is about saving Tamriel from the Akaviri invasion. Probably at the end of the game you get to travel to Akavir.

I actually didn’t know anything about Akavir until I read a book in Skyrim which talked about it and an invasion leading to the “final war”. Since TES VI will likely be Todd’s last TES game it would make sense to do this. Also it would kinda be continuing off of Skyrim, since that was about a Dragon invasion which could’ve been a prelude to the Akavir invasion (since dragons are from akavir I guess?). Also bethesda loves playing with numbers etc so they will not miss the opportunity to do the AkaVIr thing.
I don't think we'll travel to Akavir. If we do, I feel like it'll be a super small, barebones area like Sovengarde in Skyrim. It's just hard for me to believe they'll design something so big, new, and ambitious just for the endgame. TES has a lot of apocalyptic events though, so the Akaviri invasion could happen in VI.

Monte

Founder/Forum Cowboy
Staff member
Site Founder
I don't think we'll travel to Akavir. If we do, I feel like it'll be a super small, barebones area like Sovengarde in Skyrim. It's just hard for me to believe they'll design something so big, new, and ambitious just for the endgame. TES has a lot of apocalyptic events though, so the Akaviri invasion could happen in VI.
Yea I’m not saying we will explore the whole world, just a sliver of it, maybe the size of a hold in skyrim. Kinda like how in oblivion you explore the different daedric realms

Obama

Known Poster
No i think they will leave akvir if they wanted to do akavir they would not go to hammerfell but black marsh. They will finish the thalmor story off

guul66

Funk Police, Anti-Edgy department
in the next elder scrolls you will see the player looking around west virgina for nuclear codes to blow up the thalmor.

Monte

Founder/Forum Cowboy
Staff member
Site Founder
No i think they will leave akvir if they wanted to do akavir they would not go to hammerfell but black marsh. They will finish the thalmor story off
Pretty sure it’d be set in summerset/aldmeri if they were doing it about Thalmor. And u realize nirn is a globe right

Chatroom