• Welcome, Guest. SugarBombed.com is shutting down indefinitely no earlier than 02/02/2019 at 10PM Eastern. No backups will be made and any data pertaining to your account will be lost for good. Contact Potato on Twitter (@sb_potato) or on Discord to ask for a time extension if necessary to complete any backups. Please notify anyone who may want to backup data prior to the website deletion.

Thoughts on Lego

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Do you play with Lego?

• Yes!

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No.

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

Dingo

Magic Sky Dog
So, those of you who know me know that I am a giant man-child-dog thing. Despite being 31, I collect comics, play video games, hang out on video game forums....and collect and play with Lego.

Lego is. for me, the ultimate toy for the same reason that D&D is the ultimate game--you have complete and utter freedom. You can build anything you want, tell any story you want, then tear the whole thing down and start over.

I grew up playing with Lego, and receiving a set as a gift was always a special treat, because of how fucking expensive they are. As I grew older and started earning my own money, Lego was one of the few non-essentials I invested in heavily. To date, I have something like 100,000 pieces. I'm currently in the process of sorting and reorganising, in an effort to start some truly epic projects I have in mind.

So, does anyone else out there still play with Lego? Are they still as popular with younger folk? What set themes do you enjoy building? Do you prefer following the instructions, or building your own sets?

Feel free to share your thoughts, and any pictures you may have!

Yep. I actually really enjoy building legos. Not exactly playing with them or anything really. But I like to buy a big lego set, sit down at a table and for about 2 or 3 hours just build the entire set. It's really fun. I'll probably never touch the thing again but the process of building something is so enjoyable to me.

Dingo

Magic Sky Dog
Yep. I actually really enjoy building legos. Not exactly playing with them or anything really. But I like to buy a big lego set, sit down at a table and for about 2 or 3 hours just build the entire set. It's really fun. I'll probably never touch the thing again but the process of building something is so enjoyable to me.
Haha, fair 'nough. I do enjoy building the sets fresh out of the box....but then I almost always immediately tear it apart and mix the pieces in with my collection, and start working them into whatever monstrosity I happen to be building at the time.

Kkgames35

Known Poster
Lego's are awesome. I really wish they were cheaper, though. I always go through a store and see legos, think about buying some, and then see a $40 Price tag. Oh, and they're miniature landmines.
Yeah, that's the main reason I've stopped collecting them as well. Too expensive. I laughed at that last part because they hurt so much whenever you step on them. I have a huge tub full of about 2500 of them and whenever I want to use them, I always dump them on the ground. So whenever I try to get out of my room, I always end up stepping on a few and leaving good marks in the bottom of my feet.

Meetch

Known Poster
Rad Member
I still play and collect Lego. I'm currently building a huge Mos Eisley! I need a ton of tan bricks though, and its proving to be a challenge to find them at a decent price.

And if I see anyone say "Legos" I will flip my shit :p

guul66

Funk Police, Anti-Edgy department
I still play and collect Lego. I'm currently building a huge Mos Eisley! I need a ton of tan bricks though, and its proving to be a challenge to find them at a decent price.

And if I see anyone say "Legos" I will flip my shit :p
not salamander a Legos

Fallout God

Fallout God of Assassin's Effect
So, those of you who know me know that I am a giant man-child-dog thing. Despite being 31, I collect comics, play video games, hang out on video game forums....and collect and play with Lego.

Lego is. for me, the ultimate toy for the same reason that D&D is the ultimate game--you have complete and utter freedom. You can build anything you want, tell any story you want, then tear the whole thing down and start over.

I grew up playing with Lego, and receiving a set as a gift was always a special treat, because of how fucking expensive they are. As I grew older and started earning my own money, Lego was one of the few non-essentials I invested in heavily. To date, I have something like 100,000 pieces. I'm currently in the process of sorting and reorganising, in an effort to start some truly epic projects I have in mind.

So, does anyone else out there still play with Lego? Are they still as popular with younger folk? What set themes do you enjoy building? Do you prefer following the instructions, or building your own sets?

Feel free to share your thoughts, and any pictures you may have!
Ever since I was like 3 or I so I played had Lego bought for me by my father, I continued to play with them until I was around 10. Y'know I would very much enjoy playing with it as your reasons state, but it's quite socially awkward to play with Lego above the age of 10. I mean I'm already awkward enough so.....

My favourite was always SW Lego, I'd have Empire vs Republic etc. The one piece I always wanted was the Star Destroyer, damn was that boy big.

CJTreader

Staff member
Premium Member
I loved Legos as a kid. Building them, playing with them, planning out big projects to make, or even just displaying them on my shelf was all good fun. My big problem with them is how fucking expensive they are.

Dingo

Magic Sky Dog
Ever since I was like 3 or I so I played had Lego bought for me by my father, I continued to play with them until I was around 10. Y'know I would very much enjoy playing with it as your reasons state, but it's quite socially awkward to play with Lego above the age of 10. I mean I'm already awkward enough so.....
Dude I'm 31 and I still play with them.

The one piece I always wanted was the Star Destroyer, damn was that boy big.
Have it. That was one of the first sets I bought myself.

My big problem with them is how fucking expensive they are.
Yup.

Fallout God

Fallout God of Assassin's Effect
Dude I'm 31 and I still play with them.

Have it. That was one of the first sets I bought myself.

Yup.
Yeah, well I'm the type of person that's heavily affected/influenced by what others think of me.

Really? Fuck me, must have taken you forever to build. Awesome though. I haven't checked but there have to be Super Star Destroyer models, now that must be incredible.

Dingo

Magic Sky Dog
Yeah, well I'm the type of person that's heavily affected/influenced by what others think of me.
If you'll allow me to go all "wise man" on you--best thing I learned in life was that no one else's opinions about me matter. I'm a giant kid, and I'm okay with it.

Fuck me, must have taken you forever to build.
Two hours.

I haven't checked but there have to be Super Star Destroyer models, now that must be incredible.
They do. It's a monster. And I don't own that one. Three-thousand pieces. Jeebus.

I like Lego, but I don't particularly use them that often. I have a tub full in my "toy room" that I'll use ever once in a while, though. Still, I've always loved Lego.

I lack all imagination for designing structures, and thus when I make lego, I end up making just weird random shapes. If you look in my room I'm sure you'll find lego from when I was a kid. Haven't bought any in years, as I am poor.

Chatroom