Ubisoft reveals AC Odyssey season pass details

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

CJTreader

Known Poster
Premium Member
Ubisoft shared a rundown of their plans for Assassin's Creed Odyssey's post-launch content, and it included an interesting look into what's included in the season pass. When it comes to the DLCs, I'll have a snippet from the article describing them in the spoiler below, but suffice it to say, they seem quite compelling. However, the most topical aspect of this is Assassin's Creed 3 being remastered as part of the season pass.

Now, this isn't a revolutionary model for Ubisoft. They basically did the same thing a few months ago with Far Cry 3's remaster being included as part of Far Cry 5's season pass, so the fact that a previous game in the series is being remastered for a season pass isn't what's so surprising. But the fact they'd remaster AC 3 of all AC games is just baffling.

You know, I actually liked Assassin's Creed 3. I know it's very flawed, and it's definitely not the best AC game. However, the general setting and interesting new features such as naval combat made it up for me. Still, I have no idea who could think this was the best option.

What are your thoughts?

Odyssey's first major piece of story-based post-launch content, Legacy of the First Blade, introduces players to the first person to ever use the Hidden Blade, forever altering history. Launching in December, Legacy of the First Blade will reveal more about the history that led to the formation of the Assassins. Then, in spring 2019, The Fate of Atlantis, the second story arc, will set players against mythic creatures while they uncover the mysteries of the fabled sunken city of Atlantis. Each story arc will launch as a series of episodic adventures, with new episodes releasing approximately every six weeks.

Wolfensanity

Staff member
I was already excited for Odyssey, cool to see they may have some solid story DLCs coming. I also loved AC3, so I hope this will be a worthwhile remaster with some QoL improvements, instead of just being a 1080p port to current gen consoles. All I'm asking for is an option to skip the 4 hour prologue, that would be nice.

CJTreader

Known Poster
Premium Member
I was already excited for Odyssey, cool to see they may have some solid story DLCs coming. I also loved AC3, so I hope this will be a worthwhile remaster with some QoL improvements, instead of just being a 1080p port to current gen consoles. All I'm asking for is an option to skip the 4 hour prologue, that would be nice.
I actually thought the prologue with Haythem was kinda cool. It was interesting to witness the other side of the conflict and have to then take them down. It also provided more of a backdrop so everything didn't need to be explained to the player midway through. It definitely wasn't paced well though.

Wolfensanity

Staff member
I actually thought the prologue with Haythem was kinda cool. It was interesting to witness the other side of the conflict and have to then take them down. It also provided more of a backdrop so everything didn't need to be explained to the player midway through. It definitely wasn't paced well though.
Oh it was great on a first playthrough, but every time I've gone back to replay it... man, what a slog.

Last edited:

Chatroom