UNPOPULAR OPINIONS

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

CJTreader

Staff member
Premium Member
9. BioShock wasn't all that great
10. Jack and Jill wasn't too bad of a movie
11. Prey's ending was pretty good. Not great, sure, but it wasn't nearly as bad as some say.

Most unpopular opinion of mine seems to be that Fallout 3 is the best all-around Fallout game. See, Fallout means one of two things for most people; storytelling or exploration. Fallout: New Vegas is the best game story-wise, with the best campaign in the franchise, an unbelievable number of side quests almost all of which are memorable in some way, especially the companion quests. However, I can't explore in New Vegas. The open world is very bland, with nearly every location i stumble upon i do because someone told me to. When I'm not engaged in a quest, there's no incentive to explore. Fallout 4 is the exact opposite; the stellar gameplay & vast open world means I can pick a direction and explore, and be lost for hours just playing. I almost always find something fun or interesting within minutes. However, there isn't a whole lot of purpose to most of these places, besides just being fun to find. The writing doesn't allow for the same impact as New Vegas's. Fallout 3 seems to accomplish both; I can't think of a particularly bad side quest off the top of my head, and when I'm finished with all my quests, there is still an absurd amount of stuff for me to find myself. Sure the gunplay is a little dated but it's an overall small complaint for how amazing the game as a whole is.
One thing we should all be able to agree on though is that New Vegas's DLC bundle is EASILY the best of the three.
Civil discussion encouraged. :)

CJTreader

Staff member
Premium Member
Most unpopular opinion of mine seems to be that Fallout 3 is the best all-around Fallout game. See, Fallout means one of two things for most people; storytelling or exploration. Fallout: New Vegas is the best game story-wise, with the best campaign in the franchise, an unbelievable number of side quests almost all of which are memorable in some way, especially the companion quests. However, I can't explore in New Vegas. The open world is very bland, with nearly every location i stumble upon i do because someone told me to. When I'm not engaged in a quest, there's no incentive to explore. Fallout 4 is the exact opposite; the stellar gameplay & vast open world means I can pick a direction and explore, and be lost for hours just playing. I almost always find something fun or interesting within minutes. However, there isn't a whole lot of purpose to most of these places, besides just being fun to find. The writing doesn't allow for the same impact as New Vegas's. Fallout 3 seems to accomplish both; I can't think of a particularly bad side quest off the top of my head, and when I'm finished with all my quests, there is still an absurd amount of stuff for me to find myself. Sure the gunplay is a little dated but it's an overall small complaint for how amazing the game as a whole is.
One thing we should all be able to agree on though is that New Vegas's DLC bundle is EASILY the best of the three.
Civil discussion encouraged. :)
I actually think the assertion that New Vegas' world is super boring is kinda exaggerated by a lot of people. Sure, it isn't Fallout 4 or Skyrim, but it's fun to explore if you ask me. I have noticed that they rarely even made an attempt to tell stories with the environment and notes/terminals/holotapes like Bethesda is known for. There are a couple locations that did a really good job with this, but they're few and far between.

Last edited:
1. Fallout 4 is a good fallout game
2. New Vegas is a good fallout game, but it's extremely overrated. (Obsidian was overzealous and had to cut a lot of content i.e. a good amount of Caesars Legion content), the game was a broken mess on launch, and despite being such an "amazing" RPG, elements such as skill checks were simplified and you could basically flawlessly get through NV if you had maxed out Speech.
3. completely unrelated to video games but Kodak Black is garbage and his only decent song is Codeine Dreaming which is only redeemable because of Lil Wayne's verse. If you disagree you can fight me.

Radvantage

Administrator
Staff member
1. Super Mario Sunshine is the best 3D Mario
2. Fallout 4 is better than Skyrim and Fallout 3
3. Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II is the best 90s FPS
4. Super Monkey Ball is the best SEGA franchise
5. I don't care about Pokemon

Chatroom