Vault 44 Reboot

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR
"This is just a cafe, sir, we serve cakes, pies, crumpets and cookies, tea and coffee too of course. If you want some real food to fill that appetite, go find the cafeteria," the flying robot responded with his ever-jolly English accent.
"Do take a seat, sir, make yourself at home.
Good ol Mister Handy’s. Always loyal and willing serve. Of course, that's what they're programmed to do. Jon does feel as if, something, they can go beyond their programming and actually feel emotion. So there's an actual Cafe in the vault. Great to know. But it didn't stifle any hunger from him. Instead, he will get something to drink.

"I'll take an iced sweet tea go, my friend." Jon said neutrally.

"Of course, sir! Here you are!" The robotic waiter exclaimed with jolly, and gives him a cup of iced tea. Jonathan nods at the Handy and begins to make his way out.

Jonathan starts to navigate himself towards the main reactor room. He slides his key card to open the door and he enter. As he does so, he's greeted with the low tone hum of a Nuclear Reactor. A tone he was very familiar with. He sets his tea over out of the way on a table and begins an inspection of the reactor. Ensuring that no mistakes have been made during construction. He was surprised to see that no one was in the reactor room. There should be at least one person monitoring it. He'll give it some time, as people are still grieving.

There's nothing major wrong with the reactor, mostly minor nitpicks. He adjusts the insertion depth of the rods and is able to pull an addition 2% worth of efficiency out from the reactor. In time, he can fabricate components to further increase its performance...

Last edited:

Arch

Known Poster
"Maybe," Daniel began, "How many of these things are there? These vaults. One-hundred? Somewhere above that? These things are supposed to last forever, but what about us? How long until those doors open, or how long until somebody snaps?" He asks.
"I don't how many, but I wager plenty of them... as for anyone snapping, I think we don't have to worry, all things considered... I'm happy atleast."

Freya awoke from her long slumber with bloodshot eyes and large brown bags under her bedridden eyes. She looked at the ceiling for some time, pondering the recent events that had just transpired in the past forty-eight hours. She remembered hearing the sirens go off while she was at home playing her guitar, practicing some random riffs to past time. She remembered getting up and bringing Otto with her as they went up to the vault that her parents had signed up for. She remembered being confused and scared as she looked around to find her parents before being rushed into the vault. As the vault door closed, Freya did not cry, but was stuck in a status of shock. Her parents were nowhere to be found when the door closed and all she the belongings on her. She could recall something about the people at the entrance needing to take Otto to check for any illnesses or diseases of the sorts. She then soon began to remember getting given a blue jumpsuit and being guided to her new family sized room.

Freya sat up and looked around the large empty room, seeing only dimly lit furniture and decorations. She stretched then soon got up to examine herself in the mirror in the bathroom. Freya felt somewhat sick at the sight of herself, it wasn't the appearance of herself that made her sick, but the surroundings behind her. Big metal walls covered in some cheap wallpaper, she began to rub her face and for the first time in a while, cry into the neat, white basin. She was there for some time until a sharp metallic voice had creeped up behind her, "Good evening madam!" the voice yelled, causing Freya to jump in shock.
"What the fuck" Freya exclaimed quickly in response, finally getting a look at the origin of the voice. A large metal robot 'hovered' above the ground in front of her, large utensils connected to arms resting beside it's large metal head. It appeared to be one of those Mr. Handy bots that she had seen so much of the on television. Her family was tight on money, so they never got one.
"Is there anything I can help you with madam? Perhaps some coffee, tea or just some water?"
"No thank you..." Freya responded in a small hushed voice, she felt the need to talk to this thing like a regular human being due to the voice and all.
"Well madam, be sure you do get something to eat soon, breakfast is the most important meal of the day!" The machine fired back almost immediately.
"Sure..." Freya said, looking back to the mirror. She soon heard the sound of the door opening and the engine of the machine fire up as it left the room. She began wipe the tears off her face, although it is a robot, her mother used to say the same thing. She sighed before heading towards the shower to make herself somewhat presentable. After a somewhat short and brisk shower, Freya stepped out and walked towards her bed where she had the blue jumpsuit laid on the bed ready to go. She struggled to get into the suit at first, realizing it was not a female suit. She quickly unzipped it to soon realize that this was meant to be her father's jumpsuit.

She soon frowned and went to go look for her mother's jumpsuit, Freya and her mother had very similar body proportions, she soon found one and put it on with ease. However this did not make her feel any better about wearing a suit made for one of her possibly dead loved ones. Freya began to step towards the exit to find a glass container sitting on the table next to the large metal door. Inside it contained two watch like devices that looked quite bulk in design. She did remember seeing these in one of the television advertisements with the animated people having one of these on their wrists. She grabbed the smaller one out of the two and wrapped it around her wrist, before touching a few buttons trying to get something to happen, but to no avail. She hoped she could find someone who knew how these things worked, so she pressed the button on her door and began to wander around the corridors until she was able to find some place to eat and the someone to get this thing to work.

(I came back and started somewhere in the middle, so mind the bad writing)

CJTreader

Known Poster
Premium Member
"Hey, uh, Mr... Handy, Mr Handy," George said awkwardly to the robot "I'd like a beer."
"Sir, alcoholic beverage are not served in this vicinity," the robot replied in its characteristically cheery British accent. "Would you like coffee, tea, milk, or another appropriate beverage?"
"Uh, Coffee, black," George replied.
The Mr Handy made him his coffee, and he began sipping it slowly.
"Hey, uh, Ron, you should hack these things into serving beer," George joked awkwardly as he turned to Ron.

guul66

Funk Police, Anti-Edgy department
"Hey, uh, Mr... Handy, Mr Handy," George said awkwardly to the robot "I'd like a beer."
"Sir, alcoholic beverage are not served in this vicinity," the robot replied in its characteristically cheery British accent. "Would you like coffee, tea, milk, or another appropriate beverage?"
"Uh, Coffee, black," George replied.
The Mr Handy made him his coffee, and he began sipping it slowly.
"Hey, uh, Ron, you should hack these things into serving beer," George joked awkwardly as he turned to Ron.
"Umm... hah..." Talk about terrible jokes. Ron sighed.
"I-it would be easier to, umm, find the bar."

CJTreader

Known Poster
Premium Member
"We should, so long as those guys did their job." Daniel said. "They have me as a teacher, what do they have you as in here George?"
"They have me asinged to security," George replies. "I didn't consider we'd need teachers, but I suppose we'll be here for awhile. The kids have got to be educated somehow, I guess.”
"Umm... hah..." Talk about terrible jokes. Ron sighed.
"I-it would be easier to, umm, find the bar."
"I suppose so," George says trying to hide his visible cringe at his own disastrous joke. "Do you think they actually have a bar?"

guul66

"They have me asinged to security," George replies. "I didn't consider we'd need teachers, but I suppose we'll be here for awhile. The kids have got to be educated somehow, I guess.”

"I suppose so," George says trying to hide his visible cringe at his own disastrous joke. "Do you think they actually have a bar?"
"I-I don't know... umm... check the map... on your Pip...-Boy. I- I doubt they don't have a-any watering- I mean, alco- I mean place to get drinks."

CJTreader

Known Poster
Premium Member
"I-I don't know... umm... check the map... on your Pip...-Boy. I- I doubt they don't have a-any watering- I mean, alco- I mean place to get drinks."
"Yeah, I'm just not too good with these computer things," George says fiddling around with his Pip-Boy.

Jonathan concluded his inspection of the reactor. So far, so good. One would hope, of course, this vault is practically brand new. He decided it'd be best to head down to the bar to grab something stronger than tea...

Walking down the halls, he notes how empty it is. People are either in their rooms or, well, at the bar. Jon arrived at the bar, which is located on the other end of the cafe.

"Bartender, some Scotch, please." he asked the Mr. Handy tending to the bar.

"Of course, sir! Do drink responsibly! Can't have our Power Systems Supervisor drunk on the job! Haha...!" The Mister Handy said in a jolly manner as the Handy poured a small glass with some Scotch.

Jonathan took a sip. He's not a heavy drinker nor a quick drinker. He's never actually gotten drunk before. A little tipsy, but never drunk.

"You're our Supervisor?" A young man said. "I was gunning for that..."

Jonathan turned to face him and lightly smiled. "Dr. Jonathan Tucker. Pleased to meet ya." He offers his hand

The young man, accepting the handshake, "I'm Franklin Hill. I used to work on the power substations in Boston."

"Nice, I was a supervisor of a Nuclear Reactor. Lemme get ya a drink." He signals the handy and they continue their small talk.

guul66

"Yeah, I'm just not too good with these computer things," George says fiddling around with his Pip-Boy.
Ron stands up and approaches George "M-maybe I can help you," he says and shows him where the map is on the Pip-Boy. Afterwards he takes a step towards the door leading to the quarters "I-I'm gonna go ch-check on my stuff, b-bye," he adds, before walking off.

CJTreader

Known Poster
Premium Member
Ron stands up and approaches George "M-maybe I can help you," he says and shows him where the map is on the Pip-Boy. Afterwards he takes a step towards the door leading to the quarters "I-I'm gonna go ch-check on my stuff, b-bye," he adds, before walking off.
"Oh, uh, thanks, man," George says as Ron walks away. He then finds the bar on the map and walks over to the bar. "Hey, uh, barkeep, could I get a beer?" He asks the Mister Handy as he sits at the bar.
"Of course, here you are, sir," the robot says handing him a beer.

Last edited:

CJTreader

Known Poster
Premium Member
(is it ok if I do a slight time skip, @guul66 ?)
*Several hours later*
George wakes up dizzy and with a pounding headache. He can't remember much of what happened, but evidently, he didn't just get a couple of beers as he intended. He walks out from his room and roams around their living quarters. He finds his sister, still in the clothes she wore of the diaster, asleep in the corner with the remnants of tear streaks still striping her face. His brother, however, was nowhere to be found. George exits from their quarters and wanders out to the cafeteria.

guul66

Reaching his room, Ron heads straight for terminal. After booting up the machine, he pulls out a few holotapes from his desk and starts loading them into the machine one-by-one. It takes him about an hour to get them all loaded, afterwards he notices he is low on room. With a little bit of trying, he manages to access the network the terminals are on and checks around for any sort of trackers and logs, before allocating more server space to his own use. It's not like anyone is going to notice, he is the network engineer after all. "There are still some trackers in place, I'll have to delete the logs whenever they put me to work on the servers," Ron thinks to himself, before opening a log and typing some lines to get annoying thoughts off his chest.
((Forgot to post, will do next post soon, will interact with George prolly @CJTreader2001. Also yeah, TS is ok as long as noone is mid-doing something.))

Arch

Known Poster
Devon keeps looking around the vault with a wide smile, every piece of technology he comes across is documented in his pip-boy.

guul66

((heck sorry @CJTreader2001 I forgot to post))
Those few thoughts had spiraled into almost half a night of writing, then coding, then writing and then coding again. He barely got any sleep, but following the Vault's suggested routines still woke up early, heading to the canteen for some good eating and maybe a coffee to help his tired head.
Reaching the canteen he finds George once more. The canteen is much like the cafe in the sense that it's also run by a Mister Handy, the difference lies that here one can find some actual food. Seeing as George is alone, Ron decides to approach him:
"H-hey..." he manages, before sitting down over the table from George after standing in one place for a few awkward moments.

Arch

Known Poster
Devon eventually finds the research lab where he is supposed to work as he steps in.

''So, I'm placed here, what will be my main focus here?'' Devon smiles as he looks around.

CJTreader

Known Poster
Premium Member
((heck sorry @CJTreader2001 I forgot to post))
Those few thoughts had spiraled into almost half a night of writing, then coding, then writing and then coding again. He barely got any sleep, but following the Vault's suggested routines still woke up early, heading to the canteen for some good eating and maybe a coffee to help his tired head.
Reaching the canteen he finds George once more. The canteen is much like the cafe in the sense that it's also run by a Mister Handy, the difference lies that here one can find some actual food. Seeing as George is alone, Ron decides to approach him:
"H-hey..." he manages, before sitting down over the table from George after standing in one place for a few awkward moments.
George was just sitting at a table in the canteen staring of in the distance and tapping his fingers on the table rhythmically. He didn't have any food as he wasn't particularly hungry, but he didn't know where else to go.
"Oh, uh, hey, man," he says looking at Ron after he interrupted his transe. "How are you doing?"

guul66

George was just sitting at a table in the canteen staring of in the distance and tapping his fingers on the table rhythmically. He didn't have any food as he wasn't particularly hungry, but he didn't know where else to go.
"Oh, uh, hey, man," he says looking at Ron after he interrupted his transe. "How are you doing?"
"A-alright, I guess. Di-" Ron pauses, thinking that George probably doesn't care, but feels as if leaving sentences unfinished is wrong, so he continues a moment later "Didn't get much sleep."

CJTreader

Known Poster
Premium Member
"A-alright, I guess. Di-" Ron pauses, thinking that George probably doesn't care, but feels as if leaving sentences unfinished is wrong, so he continues a moment later "Didn't get much sleep."
"Yeah, I didn't have the smoothest night either..." He said quietly, his headache still pounding. "What were you doing last night? If you don't mind me asking, I mean."

guul66

"Yeah, I didn't have the smoothest night either..." He said quietly, his headache still pounding. "What were you doing last night? If you don't mind me asking, I mean."
"Uhh... Just... uhh... tinkering with the computer, you know?" Ron wasn't sure how much he could tell George without him flipping out and was also quite embarrassed because of his choice in occupation "T-They gave us a-all a terminal I-I figured why not use it."

Chatroom