Video games and dark subject matter.

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR
A recent game was criticized by some for its portrayal of domestic abuse, is gaming going to far?

Fucking epic scene, but heavy shit, be warned.

Wolfensanity

Staff member
In a world this 'PC' and sensitive, I think we need movies, games, etc. that push the envelope with subjects that may make us uncomfortable, such as domestic abuse. Whether or not David Cage is the best man for the job is up for debate. In this case, I think it was handled well.

Monte

Founder/Forum Cowboy
Staff member
Site Founder
TW3 handled it very well with the bloody baron and it was the best moment in that game, god of war also had a great scene. The OG fallouts also dealt with rape etc. When handled right, it can be very powerful and moving, you need good writers to tackle this type of subject matter (not gonna watch the Detroit scene tho bc i dont want to spoil it for myself)

I give Cage credit, this is as heavy a scene as i have seen in a video game.

Pushing the envelope indeed
TW3 handled it very well with the bloody baron and it was the best moment in that game, god of war also had a great scene. The OG fallouts also dealt with rape etc. When handled right, it can be very powerful and moving, you need good writers to tackle this type of subject matter (not gonna watch the Detroit scene tho bc i dont want to spoil it for myself)
Oh man, its a good one. Your goona be fucking trippin when u play it.

But yea i agree.

Chatroom