GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Meetch

Known Poster
Rad Member
Welp, this is going to be hard. These are in no particular order... just ordered by how I remember them

1) Star Wars: Galaxies (I still play this game to this day, its so good. Easily the best Star Wars game ever released. A really great community as well... fantastic MMO. The best MMO I've played for sure).
2) Alien Isolation (Well... its Alien and it feels like an authentic experience. Its a great tribute to the original films)
3) DOOM (1996) (Kick ass soundtrack and even better gunplay. The best shooter I've ever played, by far)
4) Halo 3: ODST (I feel like I had to put Halo on this list somewhere. Whilst I think the first 3 games are better games overall, I just can't get over how good ODST's soundtrack is. It was nice to have something that sounded unique to the Halo franchise).
5) Fallout: New Vegas (I've had wayyyyy to much fun in this game).

Honorable mentions

Undertale
(My god, is it a fantastic RPG. One of the best, easily minus its really quite cringe inducing fan base. If you can ignore that stuff, you'll have a good time)

Team Fortress 2 (I still play this one constantly. Whilst its filled with hackers and immature little children at times, I can't deny that the times without those things are some the best multiplayer gaming experiences you'll have. It has a really high skill sealing and has skills to master, that aren't just a click of a button... I'm looking at you Overwatch....)

Slime Rancher (Its very relaxing and the slimes are adorable)

Ghost Recon (the original one... from the PC and PS2. It was brutal and didn't have any of that 3rd person cover shit the later games have. Pure first person action with a slow speed without an forced spectacle)

Devil Daggers (Oh boy, its sad how many people won't know what this one is. Its sadly very unknown and you should most certainly play it if you haven't. Its very.... VERY hard. My best time is 80 seconds)

Love Meetch

CJTreader

Staff member
Premium Member
Welp, this is going to be hard. These are in no particular order... just ordered by how I remember them

1) Star Wars: Galaxies (I still play this game to this day, its so good. Easily the best Star Wars game ever released. A really great community as well... fantastic MMO. The best MMO I've played for sure).
2) Alien Isolation (Well... its Alien and it feels like an authentic experience. Its a great tribute to the original films)
3) DOOM (1996) (Kick ass soundtrack and even better gunplay. The best shooter I've ever played, by far)
4) Halo 3: ODST (I feel like I had to put Halo on this list somewhere. Whilst I think the first 3 games are better games overall, I just can't get over how good ODST's soundtrack is. It was nice to have something that sounded unique to the Halo franchise).
5) Fallout: New Vegas (I've had wayyyyy to much fun in this game).

Honorable mentions

Undertale
(My god, is it a fantastic RPG. One of the best, easily minus its really quite cringe inducing fan base. If you can ignore that stuff, you'll have a good time)

Team Fortress 2 (I still play this one constantly. Whilst its filled with hackers and immature little children at times, I can't deny that the times without those things are some the best multiplayer gaming experiences you'll have. It has a really high skill sealing and has skills to master, that aren't just a click of a button... I'm looking at you Overwatch....)

Slime Rancher (Its very relaxing and the slimes are adorable)

Ghost Recon (the original one... from the PC and PS2. It was brutal and didn't have any of that 3rd person cover shit the later games have. Pure first person action with a slow speed without an forced spectacle)

Devil Daggers (Oh boy, its sad how many people won't know what this one is. Its sadly very unknown and you should most certainly play it if you haven't. Its very.... VERY hard. My best time is 80 seconds)

Love Meetch
I love Halo 3: ODST for firefight. It's probably the most fun I've had in a Halo game.

guul66

Funk Police, Anti-Edgy department
I don't do orders:
Team Fortress 2: Best team-based shooter I've played, lots of fun from high skill ceiling and from just hecking around trying to troll tryhards. Most fun played with a friend who won't take the game too seriously.

Saints Row (3 and 4): Fun game for doing whatever you want.
I feel like invading a military base - easy
There are choppers there - nothing stopping me from taking them.
Want a tank? Piss off the cops and steal one.
The guns feel epic, shooting is super fun.
And during the whole campaign of the 2 games there were only like 1-2 missions that I found annoying/too hard to be fun.
IMO a better alternative for GTA.

Mount & Blade: Warband: Also a game where you can do whatever you want. You have total freedom over your character. You can be whatever - a bandit, a trader, a lord, a king or all of them in the same playthrough. World still changes, just waiting around, however, may bite you in the ass later on. Combat is easy to learn difficult to completley master. I don't see a lot of negative in this game, its amazing. May be a little grindy though.

Mirror's Edge: The first game I really wanted to master. Mostly fun game, story almost made me cry (I'm an emotional person like that), replaying levels I felt how I had improved and that was awesome. Suffers from a few bugs and has some small problems with controls that can be annoying when speedrunning.

Cultures - Northlands: Game from my childhood that proved to be a pretty fun expirience now that I'm older. Its fun creating all of the resource chains and everything. Fighting is badly made, though, really annoying to actually attack someone and tactics are nonexistant.

Minecraft: Minecraft is a great game. Lots of fun with friends, lots of fun alone. I may not play it as much as I did it in the past, but it has a special place in my heart and when I do play it and that one old peaceful song plays while I'm enjoying the game then I can't help but feel nostalgic.

Games that I really like but I wouldn't call my favourite:

Tropico (4-5): What can I say, I love the micromanagement of city building. These are fun and I could spend hours fixing the problems and expanding my cities.

Anno 2070: The micromanagement is soo good in this game, I love it. Its just fun building up your city and supply chains and then fixing any problems that come.

Skyrim: I've probably spent hundereds of hours on this game. Occasionally it gets kinda boring and I don't play it for a month, but when I come back to it, start a new game the fun all comes back. The grind and routine can really destroy this game's fun parts for me.

Might be some games I missed, some favourite games I haven't played yet, I'll add them later in a new reply (because I'm a special snowflake)

bok bok biches

1. Dark Souls (1 and 2 switch spots at times) [As in on the list. I don't mean switching DS1 and DS2 around. DS1 is just objectively better]
  2. Fallout: New Vegas
  3. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
  4. Animal Crossing (Gamecube)
  5. Mass Effect 2

Last edited:
I went to a boarding school in the PS3 generation, have played a few of the titles but not loads and loads. Anyway in no order;

Skyrim - played on my laptop, I've yet to play enough oblivion to judge which is better

Age of Mythology, and the titans expansion - that game was legendary

Pokemon Ruby - classic

Star Wars Battlefront 2 - Used to play with my brother all the time

Modern Title - Witcher 3 of course

Many honourable mentions - Dishonored series, Mario Karts, nfs most wanted (2005), Pokemon D and P, LoZ any game, Fallout 4 (not played others), Rayman, there's too many good games this isn't fair

No order
1. Super Smash Bros Melee - Can't even say how much time I've put into this game as a kid, fighting my brothers and my friends. Competing in a few local tournaments around my area. This game brought me so much entertainment.
2. The World Ends With You - Now I bet many of you never heard of this one. I've actually played this recently this year. This game has one of the most unique combat systems I've played in a game. Ever. The story and characters are also really good. Being trapped in a game where you are given a time limit to complete tasks or face being erased from existence. There's so much more to it then that. Great JRPG. If you have a ds or 3ds pick it up.
3. Fallout New Vegas - Need I say more? I may have my rose tinted nostalgia goggles on. But this game truly is what made me fall in love with Bethesda. This, in my opinion is and still is the gold standard of what an RPG should be. The writing, the choices, everything is top notch.
4. Sonic Adventure - Now, this was my first ever Sonic game that I played. I remember getting my gamecube and buying this and I was obsessed with it. This game is what made me a Sonic fan. Still my favorite in the series even though its aged alot. I still go back to it every now and then. It's got that "so bad it's good" charm to it.
5. Kingdom Hearts 2 - I honestly can't put into words how much I love this game. This series is very endearing to me. The story is convoluted as all hell. But I love this game to death regardless.

Honorable mentions*
The Legend Of Zelda Majora's Mask - this game normally goes on my lists but it's so hard to make top 5's because your always changing your mind! This game is amazing. You have 3 days to save the world or everyone will die..The story was so dark at the time. The beauty of this game is the side quests. The characters are so well done. This is a masterpiece and it always will be.
Fallout 3
Sonic Adventure 2
Bully
Far Cry 3
Fable 2
Persona 4 Golden
Persona 5
Sly 3
Infamous 2
Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
Spyro 2 Ripto's Rage
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Batman Arkham City
Jak 2
Pokémon Yellow

Alright I'm done. Way to many games now lol.

Obama

Known Poster
1. Oblivion - my first elder scrolls game it introduced me to my favourite franchise. I love listening to all the NPC's talk.

2. Just Cause 2 - I loved the aesthetic and action of the game. The game world was huge and it was always fun to fuck about with

3. Team fortress 2 - some of the funniest multiplayer experience I have had.

4. Rainbow six siege - I love the tension and fast paced action.

5. Deus ex human Revolution - I would say mankind divided but I haven't played on PC and on console the FOV is so bad I couldn't shoot so I just ran through the entire game.

Honorable Mentions are impossible to not do- Morrowind, Crash Bandicoot 2, Fable 2, Saints Row 2, GTA VIce City
5) Farcry 3 - I don't regret any hour of it. Just in general. One of the best looking games I ever played too. There was something so enjoyable about it.
4) Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (sega mega drive) although from an objective standpoint 3 is better. My nostalgia for 2 is certainly strong being one of the first games I ever played but everything in it I definitely had too much fun with even to this day. It's aged well as a platformer.
3) Resident Evil 2. I grew up with survival horror. The first game I ever played was Resident Evil 3 Nemesis and I loved it so a year or two later I got Re2 and I was sucked in to the definitive experience of being scared as hell while having a really great story.
2) Halo 3 (but Cameron, Halo 2 is better) I'll be honest, although I'll always prefer the original Bungie Halo trilogy to everything else I always thought Halo 2 was the weakest in the trilogy for some reason. I loved it's cliffhanger and multiplayer but something about Halo 3 always stuck out more to me. The iconic gameplay and my nostalgia for everything in it is WAY too strong. Something not many people will disagree with is that the classic Bungie art style was definitely defined here.
1) Fallout New Vegas and Fallout 3 - I love these games to death and although I prefer Morrowind for Bethesda standards than Fallout 3. Fallout 3 introduced me to the world and it still has a way of getting me to come back to it. I loved it's atmosphere and art direction while Fallout New Vegas is basically the exact same game as Fallout 3 but amplified. The atmosphere looking back at it actually is way better than I remember it being. everything plus the story, quests, writing, lore, reasons, choice, consequence were all expanded to death and everything was more fleshed out. I use to prefer Fallout 3 but a few months before Fallout 4 came out, I started to notice what I was doing. Holding New Vegas to the type of standards which 3 had which is not what I should have done. I should have looked at New Vegas from the standards of what Fallout 1 and 2 did because at the time I didn't realize how much originality it had. (Also this isn't for bait about which is better, 3 and NV are like companion pieces so I never saw the point in that argument)

Last edited:

Chatroom