What are your thoughts on Paradox games?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

CJTreader

Known Poster
Premium Member
Paradox Interactive is a company known primarily for publishing PC strategy games like Hearts of Iron, Crusader Kings, Europa Universalis, and Battletech. Paradox games are typically extremely deep, long, and complex. This is obviously a positive aspect in many ways, but some argue it has the consequence of making the game boring. In addition, Paradox games tend to have a nightmarish amount of DLC.

Wolfensanity

Staff member
I'm not a fan of most things they've published outside of Pillars of Eternity. Grand strategy games aren't for me, and seeing how much DLC those games have don't make them enticing in the slightest.

CJTreader

Known Poster
Premium Member
I'm not a fan of most things they've published outside of Pillars of Eternity. Grand strategy games aren't for me, and seeing how much DLC those games have don't make them enticing in the slightest.
I can see where you're coming from. I personally enjoy them, but they get boring and tedious much quicker than other strategy games like Civilization IMHO.

Meetch

Known Poster
Rad Member
I love a good complex game, but Paradox Games are beyond me. Cannot even begin to understand how to play them. Really REALLY wanted to get into Stellaris, but just couldn't.

CJTreader

Known Poster
Premium Member
I love a good complex game, but Paradox Games are beyond me. Cannot even begin to understand how to play them. Really REALLY wanted to get into Stellaris, but just couldn't.
Yeah, I have almost 100 hours in Hearts of Iron 4 and am still a noob...

guul66

Funk Police, Anti-Edgy department
omg i have been trying stellaris and lost like 2 games just cuz the enemy had such a stronger millitary and i had no heckin idea how to make a decent fleet. Hoping my tactic of constantly being near the fleet limit is gonna work.

Kraze

Staff member
Paradox games are kinda like The Sims in that you dont play them for a few months and then you play them exclusively for a month and forget about them for a little while again. but cities skylines is very good

Chatroom