Question What do you think about the E.Musk submarine situation?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

guul66

Funk Police, Anti-Edgy department
Elon Musk has recently been under fire for the mini-submarine he made to save the trapped kids in Thailand (which ultimately wasn't used). The situation escalated with one of the people associated with the project insulting Elon (something about shoving the submarine up his bum) and Elon retaliating with calling the man a pedophile, but later apologising.
Who is in the right? Who is in the wrong? Is anyone right/wrong here at all or is this just some stupid drama the internet can't let go because they are the internet?

Rant warning
In my opinion Elon is in the right this time, even though i don't think he is the supreme moral authority some people on the internet *cough*reddit*cough*twitter*cough* say he is. He worked on the submarine because he had communication with a project lead who said it might come in use, he got under fire for seemingly no reason after it wasn't used (I've found no trace of him being angry that it wasn't used, it's just random people making fun of him), he got insulted and the only thing he really did wrong is call the guy a pedophile (which is understandable, if you get so much shit for nothing that's your fault you may lose your temper) and even afterwards he apologized and seemingly did some giveaway event to make up for it.

CJTreader

Staff member
Premium Member
Elon Musk has recently been under fire for the mini-submarine he made to save the trapped kids in Thailand (which ultimately wasn't used). The situation escalated with one of the people associated with the project insulting Elon (something about shoving the submarine up his bum) and Elon retaliating with calling the man a pedophile, but later apologising.
Who is in the right? Who is in the wrong? Is anyone right/wrong here at all or is this just some stupid drama the internet can't let go because they are the internet?

Rant warning
In my opinion Elon is in the right this time, even though i don't think he is the supreme moral authority some people on the internet *cough*reddit*cough*twitter*cough* say he is. He worked on the submarine because he had communication with a project lead who said it might come in use, he got under fire for seemingly no reason after it wasn't used (I've found no trace of him being angry that it wasn't used, it's just random people making fun of him), he got insulted and the only thing he really did wrong is call the guy a pedophile (which is understandable, if you get so much shit for nothing that's your fault you may lose your temper) and even afterwards he apologized and seemingly did some giveaway event to make up for it.
In my opinion, I suppose Elon's in the right, but it's a bit more nuanced to me. With the submarine, he tried to help out, and that's what really matters. I doubt it was wholly for publicity like some people say, but even if it was, he still tried to offer assistance. Calling the dude a pedo was pretty dick move, but I can understand why he might get caught up in the heat of the moment after being insulted for doing what he could to help out.

guul66

Funk Police, Anti-Edgy department
In my opinion, I suppose Elon's in the right, but it's a bit more nuanced to me. With the submarine, he tried to help out, and that's what really matters. I doubt it was wholly for publicity like some people say, but even if it was, he still tried to offer assistance. Calling the dude a pedo was pretty dick move, but I can understand why he might get caught up in the heat of the moment after being insulted for doing what he could to help out.
That's pretty much what I said/think :D

Chatroom