What game are you anticipating most for 2018?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

CJTreader

Known Poster
Premium Member
As we're more than halfway through the year, essentially all of the major releases for the rest of 2018 have been revealed. What are you looking forward to most?

Red Dead Redemption 2, Fallout 76, Just Cause 4, and maybe Spider-Man.

I'm confident Red Dead Redemption 2 will likely be a GOTY contender, but I'm really curious if the story has a chance of blowing me away as much as the first one did. Also hope that the online component as not as unbalanced as GTA Online, I feel like you have to spend a bunch of money on microtransactions to avoid grinding for dozens of hours to buy something somewhat decent.

I might be interested in picking up Spider-Man just based on the E3 gameplay, not too big of a fan of the character otherwise.

Just Cause 4 looks like it could be a pretty cool sandbox with the new tools to play around with, hopefully not as repetetive as Just Cause 3.

Fallout 76 I have hope for, but I worry that's been worked on more as a side project with Starfield being the focus, and it might not deliver as much interesting, new content as BGS's previous singleplayer games. Really hope those fears don't become reality and it's a legitimate multiplayer take on the Fallout franchise. Has a lot of potential, and I do see some systems based on the E3 info that could give the game greater depth than Fallout 4 in certain aspects (improvements to detail, item durability, eating/drinking, mutations, perk builds, player-determined alliances).

CJTreader

Known Poster
Premium Member
Red Dead Redemption 2, Fallout 76, Just Cause 4, and maybe Spider-Man.

I'm confident Red Dead Redemption 2 will likely be a GOTY contender, but I'm really curious if the story has a chance of blowing me away as much as the first one did. Also hope that the online component as not as unbalanced as GTA Online, I feel like you have to spend a bunch of money on microtransactions to avoid grinding for dozens of hours to buy something somewhat decent.

I might be interested in picking up Spider-Man just based on the E3 gameplay, not too big of a fan of the character otherwise.

Just Cause 4 looks like it could be a pretty cool sandbox with the new tools to play around with, hopefully not as repetetive as Just Cause 3.

Fallout 76 I have hope for, but I worry that's been worked on more as a side project with Starfield being the focus, and it might not deliver as much interesting, new content as BGS's previous singleplayer games. Really hope those fears don't become reality and it's a legitimate multiplayer take on the Fallout franchise. Has a lot of potential, and I do see some systems based on the E3 info that could give the game greater depth than Fallout 4 in certain aspects (improvements to detail, item durability, eating/drinking, mutations, perk builds, player-determined alliances).
I'm looking forward to Hitman 2, ES:Blades, and AC: Odyssey.
RDR2 will probably be great, but I don't have a console. I'll play it whenever they port it to PC.
Spiderman is a similar story. I'll probably get it when PS4s get cheaper.
I'm paying attention to Fo76, but I'm not convinced it won't be crap. It'll probably be good, but I think I have reason to be skeptical.
Just Cause 4 is kinda off my radar. Just Cause games look fun, but I just always heae about how repetitive they get and how bad the stories are.

Obama

Known Poster
Just cause 4 - just cause 2 is a great game and just cause 3 is a good game just needed more variety and a big city hopefully just cause 4 has this.
Fallout 76 - it's gonna be so much fun and interesting to play and it isn't looking too griefy.

Wolfensanity

Staff member
I'm very excited for Red Dead Redemption 2, Yakuza Kiwami 2, AC Odyssey, and Hitman 2.
I really want to be excited for Fallout 76 but... I'm just not? I don't know. I have too many concerns, gonna have to wait and see.

Though Valkyria Chronicles 4, Shining Resonance Refrain, Just Cause 4, Code Vein, Tales of Vesperia Remaster, Spyro Remake, Shenmue 1&2 HD collection, and Shadow of the Tomb Raider are also on my radar, I'm not sure I'll be able to afford all that. (Lots of weeb games, I know.)

CJTreader

Known Poster
Premium Member
I'm very excited for Red Dead Redemption 2, Yakuza Kiwami 2, AC Odyssey, and Hitman 2.
I really want to be excited for Fallout 76 but... I'm just not? I don't know. I have too many concerns, gonna have to wait and see.

Though Valkyria Chronicles 4, Shining Resonance Refrain, Just Cause 4, Code Vein, Tales of Vesperia Remaster, Spyro Remake, Shenmue 1&2 HD collection, and Shadow of the Tomb Raider are also on my radar, I'm not sure I'll be able to afford all that. (Lots of weeb games, I know.)
Just don't get the games you can't afford and you're clear in the weeb department.

Last edited:

Monte

Founder/Forum Cowboy
Staff member
Site Founder

I still gotta finish yakuza 0 lol... I want to play 6 tho bc it looks more modern. Have you played it?

Wolfensanity

Staff member
I still gotta finish yakuza 0 lol... I want to play 6 tho bc it looks more modern. Have you played it?
I've played Y0, Kiwami (1), 2, watched/read up on 3-5 since they're not on PS4 yet, and played 6. Yakuza 6 has a great story, great side activities, but the worst combat when compared to Y0 or Kiwami. Looks really pretty on their new 'Dragon engine' tho, can't wait to see how they've refined certain aspects, like combat and ragdoll physics, for Kiwami 2.

Last edited:

Chatroom