• Welcome, Guest. SugarBombed.com is shutting down indefinitely no earlier than 02/02/2019 at 10PM Eastern. No backups will be made and any data pertaining to your account will be lost for good. Contact Potato on Twitter (@sb_potato) or on Discord to ask for a time extension if necessary to complete any backups. Please notify anyone who may want to backup data prior to the website deletion.

What Games Are You Looking Forward To In 2019?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR
I'm super hyped myself for Psychonauts 2 and the new Crash Team Racing game, as well as Obsidian's new IP. I'm hyped enough to the point that I'm finally considering getting a real job outside of art commissions so I can actually afford to get these games when they drop.

What are YOU BOYS LOOKING FORWARD TO?

Wolfensanity

Staff member
Oh man, too many. My poor bank account. Tales of Vesperia, RE2 Remake, Kingdom Hearts 3, Metro Exodus, MK11, Shenmue 3, Judgment, Outer Worlds, Cyberpunk 2077 (HOPEFULLY), DMC5, Sekiro, and maybe Rage 2 and DOOM Eternal, but Beth is on my shitlist right now so I'm not sure about those two.

Oh man, too many. My poor bank account. Tales of Vesperia, RE2 Remake, Kingdom Hearts 3, Metro Exodus, MK11, Shenmue 3, Judgment, Outer Worlds, Cyberpunk 2077 (HOPEFULLY), DMC5, Sekiro, and maybe Rage 2 and DOOM Eternal, but Beth is on my shitlist right now so I'm not sure about those two.
lets just pool our cash together and buy all of bethesda so we can make better games

Radvantage

Administrator
Staff member
I don't expect Cyberpunk 2077 next year, I'm thinking it'll be ready for around the launch of the next generation of consoles. I'm under the impression that the gameplay was basically a vertical slice, and based on the scale of that project, I'm expecting that it's at least 1.5 years out. Even if it was releasing next year, I wouldn't mind saying that The Outer Worlds is definitely at the top of my list, I mean come on, it's a new original IP by Cain and Boyarsky. It's impossible for me to not be excited. It's on a smaller budget, but it's definitely looking like it's hitting the perfect notes for a hybrid of CRPG and FPS (my opinion), which is impressive considering how controversial that blend has been in the past with hardliners. I'm hoping this will be one of those cases where the first-person perspective will compliment the hooks of an RPG sandbox, like how the tactical, isometric style of Infinity Engine games worked well for translating D&D into a singleplayer PC experience.

I also can't wait to see more of inXile's Wasteland 3. Wasteland 2 was pretty solid, loved the turn-based combat and Fallout-esque exploration/character building. I hope they can polish it up for the third one, it felt like the presentation was a bit lacking in 2 despite its excellence in story, world design, and gameplay. Character models and some of the inventory UI could have been tuned up a bit more imo; Torment and Bard's Tale IV looked a lot better in that department, and previews from the Fig campaign seem promising.

In terms of Bethesda: I want Rage 2 to be good, I love Avalanche's stuff. Despite their Mad Max game being a VERY conventional open world game, I really wanted to see them do another one with the same attention to detail. This looks like that, but blended with some of my favorite flavors from the first-person shooter genre. Doom Eternal is looking like the perfect modern Doom game: the multi-layered level design, the movement, the art direction, weapon variety, and a multiplayer mode actually developed by id itself. More concerned with BGS's quality control now rather than the other studios. Arkane, MachineGames, and even Tango have been pretty consistent with some good-to-superb releases.

CJTreader

Staff member
Premium Member
Metro: Exodus, The Outer Worlds, Cyberpunk 2077, Wasteland 3, and *maybe* Rage 2. The Last Night also looks cool. Generally, though, a lot of my favorite games each year are the ones I didn't really consider before the weeks leading up to release. Oh, and the RDR2 PC Port. That should be epic.

Wolfensanity

Staff member
Metro: Exodus, The Outer Worlds, Cyberpunk 2077, Wasteland 3, and *maybe* Rage 2. The Last Night also looks cool. Generally, though, a lot of my favorite games each year are the ones I didn't really consider before the weeks leading up to release. Oh, and the RDR2 PC Port. That should be epic.
I will happily give Rockstar another $60 when RDR2 comes to PC lol. I forgot about The Last Night too, that game looks neat.

Very hype for Resident Evil 2 remake. I played the original pretty much on launch back in 1998.. Wow has it been that long...

Cyberpunk is the dream, I'll settle if it's just Outer Worlds that's released next year though.

FIFA 20 also. If they actually capitalise on their newfound licensing monopoly.

Monte

Founder/Forum Cowboy
Staff member
Site Founder
Outer Worlds, TLOU 2, Rage 2 (it will still likely be good regardless of 76 disaster), metro exodus also looks dope

I probably won’t ever be as hype for a game as i was for rdr2 tho :mjcry:

CJTreader

Staff member
Premium Member
Fucking tropico 6 is the only thing that comes to your mind? Really? What are you some kind of wannabe authoritarian?
We'll let it slide this time, but this sort of disrespect towards guul is intolerable. guul is no 'wannabe authoritarian'. He's the Grand Duke of the Baltic Union,and he rules with an iron fist. But you see, the baltics are a cold and barren place, so the Grand Duke has always dreamt of ruling his subjects in the tropics.

Chatroom