Question What games inspired by Tolkien's universe would you like to see?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

ODgoon

Staff member
I have been a fan of Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit since I was a kid and loved playing all the different games that came out back then. The Hobbit movies, "Shadow of ..." games, and recently announced TV show have brought the LOTR universe back into the spotlight, but I feel like the franchise is in a similar position as Star Wars in that a highly profitable IP is just sitting around while there is potential for awesome games. What genres/eras would you like to see from the LOTR and the Hobbit IP?

CJTreader

Known Poster
Premium Member
I have been a fan of Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit since I was a kid and loved playing all the different games that came out back then. The Hobbit movies, "Shadow of ..." games, and recently announced TV show have brought the LOTR universe back into the spotlight, but I feel like the franchise is in a similar position as Star Wars in that a highly profitable IP is just sitting around while there is potential for awesome games. What genres/eras would you like to see from the LOTR and the Hobbit IP?
I don't know too much about the franchises. The movies were cool, and I really liked the Hobbit book when I read that. However, that's as deep as I've gotten, so I don't know much about the ancillary lore. Still, I think an Elder Scrolls style RPG would be great (honestly, I wouldn't have an issue if BGS did that instead of ES6). Or maybe an action-adventure game in the style of either Assassin's Creed or Uncharted. Really, I'd just be interested in anything story/lore based.

Last edited:

Arch

Known Poster
I think they should do a game taking place either directly after Saurons first Demise, exploring the war torn cities, consequences from the war and class differences, focusing on rebuilding and repairing what was destroyed.

or 2nd demise and same thing.

ODgoon

Staff member
I don't know too much about the franchises. The movies were cool, and I really liked the Hobbit book when I read that. However, that's as deep as I've gotten, so I don't know much about the ancillary lore. Still, I think an Elder Scrolls style RPG would be great (honestly, I wouldn't have an issue if BGS did that instead of ES6). Or maybe an action-adventure game in the style of either Assassin's Creed or Uncharted. Really, I'd just be interested in anything story/lore based.
The Middle Earth games are similar to AC, but I think a fleshed out RPG would be really awesome if executed correctly.

Chatroom