What services and institutions should be run/not be run by the government?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

guul66

Funk Police, Anti-Edgy department
pretty self explanatory title.

an example I this for me would be prisons. Privatized prisons would make it so companies want to keep people in prison so they get more money from the state, while public prisons make sure they work for the people and government.

CJTreader

Staff member
Premium Member
I generally dislike the idea of publicly funded media/news. I'd be open to it if it was shown that it offered something of value, but organizations like PBS, NPR, BBC, and Russia Today seem to offer the same quality and objectivity that fully privatized companies do (that is, not very much). State owned/funded media organizations just seem to always be either needless duplicates of what is provided by the market or propaganda tools for the state.

guul66

Funk Police, Anti-Edgy department
I generally dislike the idea of publicly funded media/news. I'd be open to it if it was shown that it offered something of value, but organizations like PBS, NPR, BBC, and Russia Today seem to offer the same quality and objectivity that fully privatized companies do (that is, not very much). State owned/funded media organizations just seem to always be either needless duplicates of what is provided by the market or propaganda tools for the state.
I agree mostly, usually in free capitalist countries having one-two state channels in every type of medium just helps keep some neutrality from the profit-oriented agenda other channels might have.
Also just from personal experience all of the state owned channels here in Estonia manage to be pretty impartial (haven't seen them praising the state in any way, sometimes even criticizing), but that just might be our luck.

Obama

Known Poster
schools should be run by the government no corporations involved. They buy cheap materials to build the school and
As opposed to corporation run media owned by 1 or 2 people. BBC is a great example of an impartial news service that in my opinion although being slightly center left leaning does a great job of being impartial

Chatroom