What's the best country in the world?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

guul66

Funk Police, Anti-Edgy department
I don't see what's wrong with exaggerating by saying that Switzerland is a capitalist Utopia, but ok. I obviously can't look through all those studies, but several stuck out to me as BS like the one saying that the Scandinavian countries are the freest. Finland has literal blasphemy laws. And happiness is a purely subjective measure of the quality of a country. In fact, an extremely large number of those were extremely subjective or just plain wrong (e.g. 'feel second least insecure', 'second best in social progress', 'third most socially just', 'most independent judicial system', etc). That's not even mentioning all the meaningless measures like most female MPs.
nice nitpicking.

Arch

Known Poster
But some countries suck less than others, no?
Well, when you put it like that.

Countries I always wanted to visit for a longer time would be Germany, Australia and Amsterdam.

not cause they are better, but they have stuff we don't, that i wished we had.

Last edited:

Arch

Known Poster
Well, I'm not sure if national pride is stupid or not, but I don't think countries inherently suck like you are trying to suggest.
I don't like countries cause it enforces difference, I'd prefer if we consider ourselves citizens of the earth.

Clarification, I don't think we should disregard the past or the culture of our countries, but I wish we didn't hold our countries in such high regard as many do now. It'd never work, at least not in the near future, but it's what I'd wish.

I think this thread is entirely subjective.

It all depends where you feel most comfortable, if that's because of Pride because it's your home, the culture because it intrigues you, the climate or the opportunities it's all down to what YOU want.

That being said the best place I could imagine myself being in is either Edinburgh in Scotland or maybe one of the Scandinavian countries like Norway or Sweden. Purely because it's relatively close to home and they're both beautiful in the aspect I like, my own definition of beauty.

Again, this is all entirely subjective to the person so temper your expectations of what this thread really is (or should be.) and relax. This isn't a competition and there can't be any winners.

Peace!

CJTreader

Staff member
Premium Member
I don't like countries cause it enforces difference, I'd prefer if we consider ourselves citizens of the earth.

Clarification, I don't think we should disregard the past or the culture of our countries, but I wish we didn't hold our countries in such high regard as many do now. It'd never work, at least not in the near future, but it's what I'd wish.
Are you saying you don't like countries as social institutions or nations as political ones?

Arch

Known Poster
Are you saying you don't like countries as social institutions or nations as political ones?
I'd guess political wise, I'd think it was best if we followed the same laws and regulations.

if we all have the same amount of freedom, rights, punishments and regulations, we'd be united as a people of the world, and countries with cro magnon savagery laws would be dealt with.

Countries with stupid tax systems (like United states who complain the most about taxes I've seen, but still pay the least taxes I've seen, i pay around triple the taxes from the highest tax state I've seen in the US.) these things would be dealt with and instead of taxes improving the country, they'd improve the whole world, starving or poor countries would be given food, resources and education, from the taxes of the countries better off. Eventually we'd all be on the same level, and the world would be a bit less cruel.

Last edited:

Chatroom