What's your favorite historical period?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

CJTreader

Staff member
Premium Member
What's your favorite historical period to learn/read about? You may not supremely enjoy history, there's got to be an age, time period, or nation/tribe that you enjoy learning about more than the rest. Feel free to make it as broad (e.g. medieval age) or specific (e.g. Weimar Germany) as you like (within a reasonable limit of course).

Obama

Known Poster
I fucking love all of history, it all has a cool effect on me.
I guess I've been in awe of the ancient tribal times for a while, when people had simple lives and shit. But I mean, everything is cool.
Ancient tribes are cool but I've always wanted to be some sort of peasant farmer in England at any point between 1100-1800 with some exceptions

CJTreader

Staff member
Premium Member
I really like learning about the 20th century. It just seems to have the most relevance to the state of the world today, but I pretty much enjoy all historical eras and nations.

Obama

Known Poster
I really like learning about the 20th century. It just seems to have the most relevance to the state of the world today, but I pretty much enjoy all historical eras and nations.
I disagree although it has the 20th century most relevance I enjoy reading about a time period completely different to ours I don't really like history so it's very rare I will bother to read about the past I don't see the point in it

CJTreader

Staff member
Premium Member
I disagree although it has the 20th century most relevance I enjoy reading about a time period completely different to ours I don't really like history so it's very rare I will bother to read about the past I don't see the point in it
Fair enough. I like gaining greater insight on why the world is in its current state, but I see your point.

i suppose as of recent times, the 1930-1950 region of time has gotten a bit overplayed and boring lately. If I had to really choose a time period that i've been enjoy reading about and looking at recently would possibly be uhhhhh... I like looking at Napoleon and Victorian era shit lately. Politics can be a bore after a while but looking over old battles, the art, the snazzy uniforms. It's a pretty cool time period, even got me to start playing Vicky 2 again

Chatroom