Who's your favorite developer?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

CJTreader

Known Poster
Premium Member
The games we love are almost always a team effort, but occasionally, one or two developers exuded a unique excellence throughout the work. Whatever role they may play from artist or writer to programmer, who's your favorite developer?

(No meme answers please)

CJTreader

Known Poster
Premium Member
Todd Howard, Emil Pagliarulo, Josh Sawyer, Rami Ismail, Chris Avellone, Brian Fargo, Tetsuya Nomura, Toshihiro Nagoshi, Yoko Taro. I'm sure there's plenty more I could name but those are a bunch of guys that came to mind.
The thing that's difficult to me is figuring out whether they're excellent developers or just happen to work with excellent teams. Like, I enjoy the writing in most games Chris Avellone has worked on, but idk if it was him specifically as we're not really told what any individual wrote. With Josh Sawyer, it's even more difficult. I love everything he's worked on, but I don't even know generally what he did in those games.

Monte

Founder/Forum Cowboy
Staff member
Site Founder
My answer right now would probably be Arkane. Or wherever Chris Avellone is currently working. Followed by BGS and Rockstar

Being on a nintendo forum would be like only being able to eat pizza for the rest of your life.

Cool for a minute and then gets old fast.

Chatroom