Why I'm worried about Fallout 76.

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR
Why I’m Worried About Fallout 76
Written by: @Karax9699
Edited by @Monte

Fallout 76.jpg

Almost four months after its announcement, I'm still worried about Fallout 76. The game was announced on May 30th to excitement and suprise that we were getting another Fallout game so soon after Fallout 4. The trailer was interesting, and left questions for us to answer which Bethesda promised we'd get at E3. This was a mistake in my opinion. Between May 30th and June 10th, the date we'd get more information, peoples ideas and expectations weren't officially kept in check. Some people, including myself,expected a traditional Bethesda RPG from the Fallout series and Bethesda failed to inform us of the fact it wouldn't be; leaving that to leakers such as Kotaku’s Jason Schreier. This was their main mistake. During the launch event I felt excited, then after the conference my optimism had gone but I was intrigued about the game.

"Okay, the game will be an open world RPG with other players, that's pretty neat. This could be good" I remember thinking.

My opinion has changed since then, mainly due to Bethesda’s continued failure to market the game well. Following their E3 showcase, Bethesda should have shown us as much gameplay as they could, to let people know the game is still going to be great. This hasn't happened, instead they have released animated videos using Vault Boy talking through game elements, which have been unable to explain what the game does to combat grieving or properly explain how the game plays. They've only given generic information, like saying that there are quests, but not showing how they actually work in the game. We can build. However, they are yet to actually show us HOW we build using the C.A.M.P. . They have said the only NPC’s are robots, well then how do we quest? Where do we turn them in? Are there vendors? Can we kill quest givers? Are there safe-zones across the map? These are a few of the questions I have about the game that have yet to be properly addressed. The marketing has not been up to standard that we expect from Bethesda, even in comparison to their marketing of Fallout 4. With Fallout 4, we got a much meatier E3 demo, with numerous other trailers featuring gameplay leading up to launch, as well as the animated S.P.E.C.I.A.L videos which supplemented them.

04DEC506-820B-4E45-B734-400D2C0677B2.jpeg
Bethesda’s animated Vault Boy marketing for Fallout 76 has been big on style, but short on substance.
Now, to Bethesda’s credit, they are used to making single-player open world RPG's, not Online-Survival type games. I can see the passion the developers express during interviews about this new experience, but that’s not too great for building excitement. I'm worried because, frankly, we don't know anything about this game. I don't think the game will be bad, and I want to like the game, I truly do. I can see myself having fun with the game, but I am still skeptical. I am worried the game will flop, and I am also concerned that the game won't feel like a Fallout game. I am also worried it won't provide as much enjoyment for me, a primarily solo player. I understand the game is a multi-player game, but many people (especially Bethesda fans) prefer to play solo. Sea of Thieves, Rainbow Six Siege, and GTA Online are all multiplayer and also have enjoyable single-player experiences.

I hope Fallout 76 turns out to be very enjoyable, and I will be purchasing it. I still feel hyped, but I’m pretty worried. 76 has potential to fail miserably, and as someone who enjoys Fallout and Bethesda, that's not something I thought I'd need to worry about from them. Hopefully the B.E.T.A clarifies many of the questions surrounding the game, and shows us it's still Bethesda Game Studios at their best.

Fallout 76 (Developed by Bethesda Game Studios) Launches November 14th, 2018

Last edited by a moderator:
i think they feel a similar technique to how they showed off fallout 4 is gonna work but there was why more 'pre-hype' too fallout 4 which there just wasn't at all for most people for 76.

i also hope they will be more types of cheese but that might just be me.

i think they feel a similar technique to how they showed off fallout 4 is gonna work but there was why more 'pre-hype' too fallout 4 which there just wasn't at all for most people for 76.

i also hope they will be more types of cheese but that might just be me.
I believe it will have at least 4x the variety of cheeses as Fallout 4.

It does have the potential to fail miserably but I think it's better than them making oblivion 7 with a few more features. They are trying something new and that should be encouraged and not limited by what people believe a fallout game should be.

I understand believe me, but this is a spin off and it’s honestly necessary for BGS to do something new in between the SP RPG’s, tbh that’s what i think the Austin Studio is here to do and it’s good

Chatroom

Why I'm worried about Fallout 76.
Why I’m Worried About Fallout 76
Written by: @Karax9699
Edited by @Monte

Almost four months after its announcement, I'm still worried about Fallout 76. The game was announced on May 30th to excitement and suprise that we were getting another Fallout game so soon after Fallout 4. The trailer was interesting, and left questions for us to answer which Bethesda promised we'd get at E3. This was a mistake in my opinion. Between May 30th and June 10th, the date we'd get more information, peoples ideas and expectations weren't officially kept in check. Some people, including myself,expected a traditional Bethesda RPG from the Fallout series and Bethesda failed to inform us of the fact it wouldn't be; leaving that to leakers such as Kotaku’s Jason Schreier. This...
Virtual Realms: Realizing Immersive Narrative in Games
VIRTUAL REALMS: REALIZING IMMERSIVE NARRATIVE IN GAMES
By @Radvantage

Video games are the pinnacle of interactive entertainment. As we approach the final years of the eighth generation of consoles, it is astonishing to see how games have evolved. The technical fidelity that we experience today allows for a relatively robust depiction of the developer’s imagination. It was only about two decades ago when programming wizards first constructed algorithms that were capable of simulating rudimentary three-dimensional graphics. Pioneers of this technology, such as id Software and its lead programmer, John Carmack, utilized a method known as ray casting to display its corridors in 1992’s Wolfenstein 3D. Designers generated levels by placing objects in a grid, with wall...
Red Dead Redemption II Gameplay First Impressions
Red Dead Redemption II Gameplay First Impressions
By @Monte

Almost two years after it’s announcement, Rockstar Games finally blessed us with some actual Red Dead Redemption II gameplay footage. Suffice to say, it was worth the wait (and delays). With RDR2, Rockstar says they set out to not just make another massive, beautiful looking world, but a living world with much more depth and player reactivity than any they have created previously.

22EB7418-6518-45BC-9F81-5DEC79D03CEF.png

The biggest example of this is the character interaction system. Players controlling protagonist Arthur Morgan can seemingly go up to any NPC in the world and interact with them at the press of a button, either by greeting them with small talk, antagonizing them with an aggressive comment, or of course, pointing a gun at them. We are shown a few examples of this in the trailer, and the button...

"Kingdom Come: Deliverance" INTERVIEW Rick Lagnese Talks DLC, RPG Mechanics, and Skyrim Comparisons

SB EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: "Kingdom Come: Deliverance" PR/Community Manager Rick Lagnese Talks DLC, RPG Mechanics, Skyrim Comparisons and More

In an interview conducted just days before Kingdom Come: Deliverance's impending February 13th release, Warhorse Studios' head of PR and Community Relations for the U.S., Rick Lagnese, stopped by to chat with sugarbombed.com about their long awaited, open world, historically accurate Bohemian RPG.

Some of the topics discussed included in depth discussion of the game's RPG mechanics (including how many/what kinds of perks there are, character customization, crime and punishment etc), the story ("history will repeat itself in Kingdom Come Deliverance, but it's up to the player how you get there" says Lagnese), Warhorse's relationship with Deep Silver, and possible...

SB Exclusive: Chris Avellone Talks "Prey"

SB EXCLUSIVE: CHRIS AVELLONE TALKS "PREY"
Chris Avellone goes into detail on the development of Arkane's Prey reboot, including his specific involvement in its design, his thoughts on review scores, and reveals Prey's wild ending was not actually the original ending.

Chris Avellone is a legend in the gaming industry, and has worked on some of the greatest western RPG's of all time like Fallout 2, New Vegas, KOTOR 2, and more. I first got the chance to interview him last Fall on a range of topics from Fallout and Bethesda, to game design in general which you can read here. With his recent...