Will 3rd party support for the Switch continue?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

CJTreader

Known Poster
Premium Member
Indie games seem to be doing quite well on the Switch, so we can expect those to be continually released on Nintendo's console. However, the hope for the Switch wasn't just for it to be a portable Indie box, and it looks like AAA 3rd party support is slowing down. Especially with the impending release of new consoles, will 3rd party support for the Switch continue and ramp up as hoped?

The Switch has its own safe niche in the gaming market.

Its not slowing down. One day the Switch is going to be viewed as the next Ps2 of sorts.

Meetch

Known Poster
Rad Member
The Switch has its own safe niche in the gaming market.

Its not slowing down. One day the Switch is going to be viewed as the next Ps2 of sorts.
Yeah I've got to agree with this honestly. If you're speaking raw numbers, Nintendo is really looking at a winner. Issue is that it released so late into this generation. Or maybe it released early for the next generation? All I know is that even I want one... and that's saying something.

CJTreader

Known Poster
Premium Member
Yeah I've got to agree with this honestly. If you're speaking raw numbers, Nintendo is really looking at a winner. Issue is that it released so late into this generation. Or maybe it released early for the next generation? All I know is that even I want one... and that's saying something.
I kinda want one too, so what they've managed is certainly impressive. However, so many games are too advanced to be run on the Switch, so I see AAA 3rd-party support dropping off by the time the next generation hits. They also kinda blew their load early with Mario Odyssey and BotW in the first year. Maybe Pokemon will be good next year, but I don't think their other exclusives are really system sellers quite like Mario and Zelda. I can't imagine sales keeping up for long.

Chatroom