Will BGS make a comeback?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

CJTreader

Staff member
Premium Member
BGS will make a comeback... but I doubt it'll be deserved.

Their comeback will most likely be.

''TES 6 is the best thing ever!''
even though it is bound to have as many flaws as skyrim or Fo4.
I'm not so sure. I think the whole fan base has been disillusioned.

CJTreader

Staff member
Premium Member
i doubt BGS will even fucking last long enough to release TES6
I'm not as much of an optimist as you.
A lot of them to be sure, but I wager they will get an increase in consumers with TES 6.
((Not sure though, but it's my guess))
Yeah, I don't expect they'll go away or continually sell as low as Fallout 76, but I don't think they'll ever have the sales and reputation that they had in the Skyrim-Fo4 days.

Arch

Known Poster
I'm not as much of an optimist as you.

Yeah, I don't expect they'll go away or continually sell as low as Fallout 76, but I don't think they'll ever have the sales and reputation that they had in the Skyrim-Fo4 days.
Hopefully not, and if they get that rep, they should work hard for it.

The problem with Beth isn't that they released another broken game, or that it may be their most broken game ever. It isn't that the game is flawed on a level that can't just be patched out, or that their microtransactions could make an EA executive blush, or that they lied about a bag, treated their customers like twelve-year-olds, or even that they basically doxxed some of their customers, nor any number of other thing's I could mention. Their real problem is they've made all these mistakes and more...and they clearly couldn't care less. Because of this fact, they can not/will not learn, and due to this, it doesn't matter if they use the same engine, a new one, some of a new engine and some of the old, or anything else. They will make the same mistakes or worse and so, here's what I think we should be asking isn't "can Bethesda make a comeback?", it's "should Bethesda make a comeback? Should we want them to?" Do they deserve- well...this wouldn't be so much a 'second chance', but more like their tenth? Fifteenth? Well, that's my take on it anyway.

Monte

Founder/Forum Cowboy
Staff member
Site Founder
The problem with Beth isn't that they released another broken game, or that it may be their most broken game ever. It isn't that the game is flawed on a level that can't just be patched out, or that their microtransactions could make an EA executive blush, or that they lied about a bag, treated their customers like twelve-year-olds, or even that they basically doxxed some of their customers, nor any number of other thing's I could mention. Their real problem is they've made all these mistakes and more...and they clearly couldn't care less. Because of this fact, they can not/will not learn, and due to this, it doesn't matter if they use the same engine, a new one, some of a new engine and some of the old, or anything else. They will make the same mistakes or worse and so, here's what I think we should be asking isn't "can Bethesda make a comeback?", it's "should Bethesda make a comeback? Should we want them to?" Do they deserve- well...this wouldn't be so much a 'second chance', but more like their tenth? Fifteenth? Well, that's my take on it anyway.
Very solid take. I think this shitty attitude bethesda has is largely due to Skyrim’s massive success. They are almost like 2 different companies before/after skyrim, it made them complacent, and made them think they can do no wrong. It caused them to lose touch with their core fanbase (they used to be a lot more active in their community, including on forums back in the oblivion/fo3 days).

I still want them to make a comeback though, since I’m such a huge fan of their earlier games, this site never would’ve existed without them, and also no one really makes open world games the same way they do. But if they don’t make some major changes (both as a developer and as a publisher with their shit PR/community outreach) then they definitely don’t deserve to.

CJTreader

Staff member
Premium Member
Very solid take. I think this shitty attitude bethesda has is largely due to Skyrim’s massive success. They are almost like 2 different companies before/after skyrim, it made them complacent, and made them think they can do no wrong. It caused them to lose touch with their core fanbase (they used to be a lot more active in their community, including on forums back in the oblivion/fo3 days).

I still want them to make a comeback though, since I’m such a huge fan of their earlier games, this site never would’ve existed without them, and also no one really makes open world games the same way they do. But if they don’t make some major changes (both as a developer and as a publisher with their shit PR/community outreach) then they definitely don’t deserve to.
Yeah, I agree that Skyrim probably started this. Heap unending praise on a company for a doubtlessly mediocre product, and they'll grow complacent fast. Shocking, I know.

Not to mention in their eyes, it reaffirmed for them that "Yes, the modders will always cover for us, so we don't need to try as hard!" more or less developing a mindset that the modders are just there to wipe BGS's ass and clean up their messes for them whenever they crap all over themselves.

Chatroom