Will Red Dead Redemption 2 live up to expectations?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

CJTreader2001

Known Poster
Premium Member
Red Dead Redemption 2 is only a few months out, and we still haven't really seen any gameplay or comprehensive story previews. Also remember that Leslie Benzine, the man who reportably saved the original RDR, isn't involved with the project. Will Red Dead Redemption 2 meet fans' sky high expectations?

Monte

Founder/Forum Cowboy
Staff member
Site Founder
Red Dead Redemption 2 is only a few months out, and we still haven't really seen any gameplay or comprehensive story previews. Also remember that Leslie Benzine, the man who reportably saved the original RDR, isn't involved with the project. Will Red Dead Redemption 2 meet fans' sky high expectations?
If it’s anything like the previews suggest, yes it’ll be great. Rockstar has yet to disappoint on the single player front

CJTreader2001

Known Poster
Premium Member
If it’s anything like the previews suggest, yes it’ll be great. Rockstar has yet to disappoint on the single player front
That's true enough. I don't see this being bad, but at some point, I think fans will end up severely disappointed in a Rockstar game.

CJTreader2001

Known Poster
Premium Member
At what point do you think this will happen?
Probably one of their next few games. There might be a few controversial creative decisions like with Fo4, it might be a technological clusterfuck like with AC Unity, or it might include the ridiculous microtransactions in single-player, but I think something disappointing will go down with RDR2, GTA6, or whatever they make next.

Wolfensanity

Staff member
Probably one of their next few games. There might be a few controversial creative decisions like with Fo4, it might be a technological clusterfuck like with AC Unity, or it might include the ridiculous microtransactions in single-player, but I think something disappointing will go down with RDR2, GTA6, or whatever they make next.
I'm like 99% sure the RDR2 singleplayer will be top tier shit. Though I fully expect the Red Dead Online to be a grindy, microtransaction focused shit show a few months after release.

Arch

Known Poster
Name a game with big hype that has
for me atleast.

Witcher 3.

it exceeded my expectations that was already high as all hell, I even thought my own expectations were unrealisticly high... but it was better than i had expected.

Also

God of War 4

I was very hyped for it, and although i did not care for the combat, and neither 2 parts of the main story, IT was still mazing and better than i thought it would be.

GTAV I went in with low expectations and i was very happy.

RDR2 will be good i don't doubt it... if it will live up to the hype, I don't know, but I think it'll be good.

Chatroom