Obsidian's Project Indiana

Discussion in 'Misc. Gaming' started by CJTreader2001, Oct 10, 2017 at 7:08 AM.

1. This is a thread where we can discuss Obsidian's Project Indiana (Fallout: New Gary)
    Let the speculation commence!

2. #2 Maxson, Oct 10, 2017 at 11:43 PM
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2017 at 11:31 PM
    Troika Games, which was the gaming company that Tim Cain founded and ran after the dissolution of Black Isle Studios, had been working on a post-apocalyptic RPG in 2004 before they closed down. I believe it had been intended to be a sequel to Fallout, but Tim Cain was outbid by Bethesda when Interplay sold the IP. It likely would have been retooled into something more akin to a spiritual successor, if it wasn't for the fact that Cain couldn't find a publisher and Troika ended up shutting down early 2005.

I don't think that Project Indiana is this same game he had worked on 13 years ago, as most of the assets made for the game are likely long gone, but it does make some sense to me that the game Obsidian is making will be set in a post-apocalyptic world. I'm sure they have many ideas for a Fallout game, and have come to the realization that they will never be offered another chance by Bethesda to make a new Fallout game. It's better for them to have their own franchise that they have full creative control over.

CJTreader2001 likes this.
  3. I better see some god damn Michael Jackson references

CJTreader2001 likes this.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 7)