No Spoilers RDR2 LEAKS!

Discussion in 'Misc. Gaming' started by wildhogking, Feb 6, 2018.

1. A bunch of information has just leaked about Rockstar's upcoming game, Red Dead Redemption 2.

This information, as well as two new screenshots, have come from TrustedReviews. The link to the original article can be found here. They claim to have gotten this information last August, but did not say anything until today. Rockstar has made no comment.

Trusted Reviews claims to have received singleplayer story details, but chose not to release them, personally I am very appreciative of. One of the biggest claims is that RDR2 Online, a multiplayer feature likely going to be similar to GTAV Online, will feature three modes: Battle Royale, Revive and Survive, and Money Grab.

We don't know if Battle Royale will be like PUBG or Fortnite, but I think it will probably be similar.

Revive and Survive is a team deathmatch where your friends only have a limited time to be revived.

Money Grab seems like a capture-the-flag type of gamemode, where both teams focus on stealing bags of money.

It also has been said that singleplayer and multiplayer will both be entirely playable in first person (as well as third). After GTAV did this, I think it is to be expected. Unique animations for first person gameplay will also be present.

There is a lot of information about RDR Online, which you can read for yourself, but overall it seems like it will be very similar to GTAV online, but with 'more depth'.
    A companion app for mobile phones is also rumored to be created for RDR2 online, perhaps like GTAV's companion app, iFruit.

There are more gameplay details for singleplayer, mostly just things that are expected to return from RDR and GTAV (shops, camping, vehicles, etc).
    There will be side activities, like hunting, horseriding, herb gathering, and fishing (something we did not see in RDR!)

The final big piece of news is that the game will change based on decisions you make. This doesn't mean that it will be choice driven, I think and hope that the story is mainly linear. This means that you might have choices on how you interact with people or do certain things, and this can cause other people to react differently. I don't think it will be anything major, but in RDR we didn't see much player choice so this will be interesting to see.

There are more details in the article linked above. Rockstar hasn't commented on the article. Remember to take it with a grain of salt, and nothing said here is confirmed as truth. Red Dead Redemption 2 is scheduled to release October 26th.